Gamers

The class hours passed at varying speeds. Sometimes it was long, sometimes it went by quickly, it had to be said that not all the lessons were equal in terms of interest and intensity. It was the 10 minutes break that intervened between two classes, Sora & Shiro were playing on their console when suddenly appeared their classmate Yamauchi.

"It looks like you've snapped too!"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, two consoles bought, I feel less guilty for taking one too."

"Playing video games should never be a source of guilt! Remember that!"

Sora said in a loud tone, trying to sound like a master passing on moral lessons to his apprentices even though he mostly sounded like a moron.

"I know! Especially for a game like Hunter Watch! It's so addictive, I can see why it's been selling so much!"

"Oh, we love Hunter Watch too, even though we played it so much that now we've changed our horizons!"

"Really? What was your rank?!"

"Uh... I don't know, it's been a while..."

"Come on, you just don't want to say it, it doesn't matter if you were in the lower ranks, we all start somewhere!"

Yamauchi said while laughing and tapping Sora's shoulder. Sora pretended to laugh as well, finding no way to make him understand that he was rather placed first in the rankings with Shiro.

"Honestly, being a pro gamer would have totally made me freaking out, imagine making your daily life about playing video games! Who would like to go back to school after that seriously!"

Sora cried more and more at the irony, his heart broken into a thousand pieces.

"I know right..."

He said with tears cascading down his cheeks. Shiro didn't say much and only coughed innocently so as not to end up in tears with his brother. They missed their room of 16 tatami mats.

"Hey Yamauchi! Guess what!"

Ike landed in the discussion by jumping on Yamauchi's back.

"What's up man?"

"I have a date with Ku-shida man!"

"Huh?! A date, what do you mean?!"

"Tonight at 6pm man! At the Pallet!"

"6pm at the Pallet? Sorry man but you're being fooled by your imagination because I have a date with her at 6pm too!"

"And yet..."

Both Yamauchi and Ike realized that something was wrong and went in search of Kushida. Obviously, they had mistaken a group outing for a date, Sora thought. He put his chin on his arms and dozed a little on his desk. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, hearing only the sound of his classmates chatting around him, a sound that was becoming more and more bland. Just as he was about to fall asleep, a vibration in his pocket suddenly woke him up. He adjusted himself and unlocked the phone to read the message. A smile spread across his face.

"6:00 p.m. at the Campus Library, don't run away."

It was a simple message that he recognized the author of right away, Yoshino was ready to play. Sora turned the phone to Shiro who understood immediately and grew excited.

"Yosh! It's finally time for us to go have fun too Shiro!"

"Yes!"

They said with such haste, joining hands, tears of joy on their faces. They wanted to leave their desks and run to the library, but there were still two hours to go and they were impatient.

The teacher returned to class along with the rest of the students and the lessons resumed.

.

.

.

Sora had informed Kushida shortly after class ended that their game was going to be held at 6pm. He knew she had a meeting with the two clowns so he didn't ask for her to come.

"6PM ? Seriously they couldn't find a better time... I'll come Sora-kun, I just have to make some arrangements beforehand, I definitely don't want to miss it."

"Oh you know, it's not going to be anything interesting."

"Are you kidding?! You want me to remind you how many private points you've bet?!"

"Don't worry, we won't lose them."

"I wish I had the confidence you have in yourself..."

Said Kushida as she quickly put her things away.

"I'll have to call a few people, wait for me in front of the class, I'll join you soon!"

"It works Miss!"

Sora said in a cheerful tone, he didn't expect her to come but he didn't say no to the idea of having a girl admire his talents. They walked out in front of the classroom.

"Brother, if you're only doing this for the girls I'm sabotaging the game!"

His heart froze on the spot when he heard Shiro's words, without her he was not operable to play. He threw himself on his knees in front of her.

"Shiro! Why don't you have any mercy for your big brother and his heartaches?!"

"A gamer doesn't need love..."

"I never thought I'd hear that phrase turned against me, usually that was my excuse to justify my... either way."

Kushida came out of the room shortly after, standing next to Sora she adjusted her hair slightly with a very elegant hand movement, making them taste the sweet smells that emanated from her perfume and hair shampoo at the same time.

"Shall we go?"

She asked with a cute little smile.

"Let's go!"

The three of them headed to the library.

.

.

.

Minutes passed. Each of the three members of class D was sitting in a corner and reading a book towards the entrance of the library, waiting for Yoshino to come in. At about 5:55 p.m., the sliding doors opened, attracting the attention of our three students. Across the way was Yoshino with two people they hadn't seen before.

"Yo I want you to meet the two people who will be playing this game with me, they are Maeda and Chikako."

"Oh, you're going to play as a threesome?"

"No...I'm not going to play, these two will play instead."

"Oh... I thought this was your battle, Yoshino."

"But it is, simply I have the right to use allies, you didn't put any constraints on me after all."

"Oh don't worry, whatever it is, we'll take it!"

Chikako and Maeda watched Sora in silence, thinking of him as a foolish being who was far too confident in his abilities. The opportunity for them to teach him a great lesson Maeda thought to himself.

"We are going to play a game called Total Cards... and I will shuffle the cards!"

Said Yoshino.

A smile on Sora's face appeared.

"Ho... a game we don't know about in which you're the one dealing the cards... interesting!"

The first game battle since their arrival was about to begin for Sora & Shiro.