Status

The students' event was as ordinary as the others, Sora was disappointed, no accidental meetings or waifus who came to ask for his help in a hazardous way because there was a problem with the ceremony. Nothing crazy.

Before visiting their dormitory, they took a trip to the school's mini-mart to buy all the necessary products for their new life. As they wandered through the aisles, they spotted a girl with black hair, they were long, carefully prepared with small bows nicely tied.

"...Horikita, 5'5", class D, sitting on your right."

"Yeah I know, I couldn't ignore such a hottie! I even wanted to greet her as a fellow tablemate but she was heavily concentrated in her reading, a real ice queen, I almost wanted to give her a yahallo."

"Bro, you would only be a punching bag for an ice queen."

"Shiro...sometimes I wonder if you're really helping me look for a girlfriend."

"I never said I would help you."

"...So you have no pity for the torture I endure on a daily basis?"

"That's just the consequences of your choices."

" ... "

Sora was almost about to turn back and buy a rope but their banter didn't last much longer since she was already heading towards the cash register. They were not going to talk to her anytime soon. They continued shopping.

"Toothpaste, toothbrushes, comb, instant noodles, bread, food spread..." Sora checked the list in a whisper.

"I think we have everything Shiro!"

"...no consoles..."

"Yeah... I saw some in another store though! Don't worry, our reason for living won't disappear."

The two smiled in relief, as they walked to the checkout they came across a booth in which were put free items.

"Free items? In a school that already provides so much money? Do they care so much about the wellbeing of their students that they even provide extra things for those who are out of money?"

"It sure sounds like it. Unless..."

"Yeah ... all things considered Shiro, we may have to wait a while for our consoles."

"That's okay... I guess..."

"...it's just a purchase anyway..."

The two couldn't wait.

"...Let's go before it closes!"

It was too much to ask of them.

As they headed towards the exit to get their consoles, they saw Horikita walking away from the angry redhead in their class named Sudou.

"Damn it, chicks like her break my fucking nerves!"

She seemed to have upset him greatly. As he was about to eat his sandwich a bunch of students who were obviously not freshmen came out of the convenience store and approached him.

"Hey man, the bench there, it's ours therefore you can take your worthless bags and leave from here, capiche?"

Said one of them, Sudou who was about to put the sandwich in his mouth paused on the spot, as if he had difficulty believing that they had really said that.

"...Repeat to see?"

He grinned nervously, probably to calm his already erupting anger at Horikita.

"You heard right, we always eat at that place, now move out from here or that sandwich isn't the only thing you'd be eating tonight."

Sudou put his sandwich to the side and clapped his hands on his knees, slowly standing up.

"You guys are dead..."

He said with a small smile on his face, as if to tell them that they were not ready for what's about to come. Sora seeing a camera wanted to avoid having their class already in trouble, he asked Shiro to stand back.

"Hey you, you don't seem to care about your tuition here do you ?"

Sudou and the seniors turned to Sora when they heard his dynamic and irritating tone. Sudou was still on edge, but Sora distracted him too.

"Who the hell are you dude?"

One of the guys said angrily as if to ask him why he was getting involved.

"Come on ! What kind of tone is that? Where did you think you were, in front of a soccer game with your buddies? How did people like you make it through the first year with such a shitty attitude ?"

"Hey man, I don't think you heard what we were saying to the other one here, want to taste it too?"

Shiro was worried but trusted his brother, he wasn't the type to get involved in matters where his victory wasn't guaranteed.

"What, you mean you're going to hit me, is that it? Go ahead man, I'm in!"

One of them tried to walk towards Sora but one of the three guys who was looking around understood what was going on and stopped him in his tracks.

"Wait wait wait ... I know what he wants to do, look there are cameras over there and people inside can see us aswell."

" Oh... you wanted to make us hit you so you can report us to the administration. You bastard, screw you!"

"Leave them be, these poor first year assholes probably think they're smarter than everyone else. They take us for morons, They're so dumb, they're probably class D guys."

They said it like it was an insult.

"Yeah, we're class D, so what ?"

Sora said proudly.

"For real, hahahaha! Alright guys let's get out of here they are pitiful enough by their status alone, they don't need us to experience hell anyway."

"Ho..."

Sora smiled curiously, they called the life of class D hell, it was a very strange qualification for a class that received an astronomical amount of money to spend as they wished.

"Holy shit! We can't even eat in peace in this stupid high school."

Sudou kicked the trash can next to him and knocked it to the ground, getting away without a care in the world. Sora watched the trash can for a long time and asked Shiro.

"...We're not responsible for this right?"

"...You witnessed the whole incident, it's proven by the CCTV camera, they might penalize you for leaving a public place dirty."

" ... do humans have such a heightened sense of collective responsibility?"

"... you don't have to ask me the answer bro. You know better than I do."

"Well, the humans I knew were more like each one for himself or all against one! Anyway... let's not take any risks."

Sora remembered his situation with Shiro and their goal in this high school, therefore he wanted to have all the odds on his side, he didn't want to risk any punishment that could jeopardize his goal. He picked up the trash can little by little.