Information

The second year students had to take a special exam in which they had to pass a copy of the next written exam to the first year students without getting caught, otherwise they would be expelled.

To do this, they decided to befriend the first year students and drop subtle hints that the previous exams were the same and that the next one would be too.

This was the best method to achieve success on this exam peacefully. The classes were going to win as long as they were completely secretive. In other words, this exam needed as little information as possible.

This simple fact also meant that whoever had the information for this exam was in control. Such an existence was terrifying for all the classes involved. It was an exam based on the principle of the prisoner's dilemma. No one knew anything about anyone and no one dared to collect information from anyone because it only took a little evidence against someone to expel them. So the best thing to do was not to take any risks.

Thus, when a student, who had all the information in the game, walked into a class as a representative of Class D and threatened to expose everything unless they bought his silence, it was the start of hell for Class D of the second year.

They could have called the bluff at first, but when the next day the student council came to all the classes and announced that the exam was finally cancelled because it had been exposed, it was a different story. The student council was investigating the class responsible and class D was under enormous pressure.

They didn't know what information Sora had on them, it was possible that he would denounce them at any time. That's why they decided to give in to Sora's request. 1 million private points to transfer to his account.

Because of this incident, even the next exams of the first years had been changed.

How did Sora know about this whole system? His answer was simple.

"We beat Horikita Manabu."

He had said to Suzune, who was looking at him in such amazement that the words had taken a few seconds to sink into her brain.

"W-what...?"

Everything Sora had constructed was so complex and far-fetched, she couldn't in the least see a connection between all these events and her older brother.

One couldn't blame her, Sora's plan was really unique and well-thought through. There was once an excellent chess player, and certainly one of the most entertaining, by the name of Mikhail Tal who once said ""You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one."

This was what Sora had done. He had dragged everyone with him into a dark forest, where everything was meticulously detailed and all the events were intertwined so that no one would make it through. No one but Sora.

"You beat... my brother? But how..."

"Unfortunately, we can't give you that answer. Perhaps as you grow in this school, you will one day manage to remember this story and make the connection on your own."

The clues were there, but they were small.

"Wait... you can't just say you beat my brother and leave it at that. You couldn't possibly think that this affirmation is enough to convince me?"

Two weeks ago, Sora and Suzune had made a promise to each other. Suzune had agreed to challenge Sora and her own brother if Sora could show her that he could be beaten.

Today, Sora was claiming such a thing, loudly and clearly, but there was no proof of it.

"Wait for us today at 5pm in this classroom. You'll get your proof."