21

It rained heavily after Ophelia and I returned tonight

It rained heavily after Ophelia and I returned tonight. Silas and I moved into the nearest study room. I didn't want to be far from Ophelia. I wanted to be there when she woke up.

I sat in a pure white modern loveseat. Silas sat opposite of me. He looked like he had been running around without rest. His similar midnight hair was unkempt and dirty from lack of hygiene. There were bags around his eyes that showed he hasn't had a proper meal in a while. On top of that, I noticed large gashes on his forearms.

"Tell me what happened," I asked.

I got up from my spot and walked over to the drinking cabinet. From there, I picked a perfect aged blood wine before walking over to the wall table and grabbing a glass. I poured the wine for Silas before walking over to him. He took the cup with no arguments. I sat the wine bottle on the glass coffee table in front of us. Silas gulped the content down with one swig before leaning over to grab the wine bottle.

"It's just like how I told you. Freya is still fucking alive and breathing."

"Which tells me she's some kind of immortal. Is she another witch?"

"Fuck no. She's gone south and rolled in the dirt with fucking mutts."

"Werewolves?" My eyebrows furrowed.

Silas nodded while taking another swig out of his newly poured glass.

"I didn't believe it. I tracked Ophelia's family back to her hometown. I went to look at the local cemetery and I saw their parents' names, but I didn't see Ophelia's or Freya's. I found it weird, and I started asking around and talking to anybody that might have known them. After days of going door to door and searching the entire town, I came to learn that Freya disappeared four years after they took Ophelia to the coven."

The news came as a shock to me. The two sisters took opposite routes in life. Years of immortality and they don't know that the other was still alive.

I know I shouldn't hide this truth from Ophelia, but werewolves and vampires have always been at war with each other. The smell of mutts and their disgusting dog breath could fucking make my parents roll in their coffins.

If I don't tell Ophelia though, she'll get angry. I know because I've heard her talk about her family. She misses those days when she was a human.

"I know what you're thinking." Silas switched from his glass cup and drank from the wine bottle itself.

"I should tell her."

"You shouldn't tell her."

We both said it at the same time.

"Why the hell not?" I snarled.

Telling her would make things easier for her.

"Cause it fucking gets worse from here. Freya didn't just mate with a werewolf's mate. I have been tracking her since her disappearance. To my utter fucking surprise, my trace stopped in front of our enemy lines in North Dakota—Alpha Varik. I have one of our private agents sitting on the edge of territory to keep watch, but what are the odds of us getting attacked in North Dakota by werewolves and hearing that Freya is a mate of a werewolf? Could it be the pack that attacked us?"