6

My head throbbed painfully as I rolled over in bed

My head throbbed painfully as I rolled over in bed. My mind was blank and foggy. I don't remember what had happened to have caused such a bad headache. Groaning, I pressed down on my temples with my palms.

"Fuck," I muttered.

After a minute, I touched the back of my head and felt more pain. Then I remember what happened.

Ophelia hit me over the head with her red crystal. I opened my eyes and noticed it was pitch black. I slept the day away.

Someone cleared their throat. I knew who it was even in the dark. Turning my head to the end of the bed, I saw Ophelia sitting down cross legged. The light from the fire in the fireplace shadowed her facial features. She looked nervous.

"How are you feeling?" she asked cautiously.

I glared in her direction. I moved to grab her, but the pain in my head forbidden me to make any sudden movements. Groaning, I fell back onto the bed.

"I'm so so so sorry, Atlas. I swear, I didn't mean it. You just happen to walk in at the right time."

"What the hell did you do, Ophelia?" I hissed while staring at the ceiling.

Her face appeared on top of me. Her fiery, red hair falling down and curtaining her face.

"It was an aphrodisiac drug. Silas wanted to see what I could do."

"You were going to use it on him?" I launched my head off my pillow only to wince in pain.

"Don't move." She urged me lie back down on the bed.

"Don't order me around," I muttered before sighing. "Ophelia, did I hear you right? You were going to drug Silas?"

Ophelia shushed me by placing a finger over my lips. Then I felt the palms of her hands pressed to my temple and a warm heat rippled from her palms onto my temple.

"I brew you a drink that could help with your headache and pain."

My eyes flew opened and I found myself staring straight into her emerald eyes. The feeling of warmth spreading all over my head now and taking away the pain.

"You're trouble, Ophelia. I don't understand you. Ever since the night that I met you, I've encountered more issues than I deserve. No one has ever laid a hand on me the way you have. I don't know what to do with you."

For the first time ever, Ophelia looked conflicted. Sighing, she pulled her hands back into her lap. I turned my head slightly to look at her. She was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"There is no way to get rid of me. Instead, just let me live a little. I've been stuck inside that crystal for fifty years. While you all were enjoying life, I've been in a coma, living but not living."

My eyes traveled over her messy, unbound hair and down her straight nose to her full lips. Tonight, she wore a pair of skinny jeans and a black tank top.