XXVI. Baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you

🫀

🫀

sunyoung had drove down to pick namgil and namjoon up that next morning. namgil was stoic and silent like the mind was a garden and his had grown into a forest to tend to. the man simply stuffed his things into the boot after thanking ms green (the jeons were nowhere to be found) and sitting inside the car, arms crossed and his fingers tapping in a rhythm against them, impatience brewing around him.

namjoon looked drained, to put it simple. his eyes were deep in his skull, dark and grim, how one would assume an emo wishes they could look like. the boy seemed to be dragging his body along and sunyoung was sure that the boy would collapse to the floor and rot there if he could. his left arm barely moved and yoongi seemed to be more than extremely careful of it, giving a quick look to sunyoung as he walked namjoon out but soon let his focus revert back to his friend. namjoon's neck, though the boy never truly stood to his height and prefered staying hunched over, was craned down ever so slightly, just to be near yoongi's face. though namjoon's eyes never met yoongi's in a comfortable situation. or an uncomfortable situation. or any situation in which namjoon knew for a fact that yoongi was a safe person to be with. which seemed to be most of all.

yoongi, very cautiously, helped namjoon into the car before turning to sunyoung who gave a polite smile. yoongi didn't return it, glaring at the floor then quickly at her and then back to the floor again. sunyoung gave a sad smile before turning to see namgil and namjoon in the car, the older man muttering something inaudible and namjoon giving slight nods to show that he was listening. sunyoung sighed, trying to figure out what side was winning the battle in her mind before she was snapped out of her thoughts by yoongi very obnoxiously clearing his throat.

"so you're the infamous yoongi?" sunyoung finally said after a few moment's silence. yoongi gave a slight half-nod and sighed.

"namjoon likes you."

"i'd hope so," sunyoung responded, sweet melodious honey dripping from her words. yoongi furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

"namjoon also likes his mother, the woman who broke his arm yesterday and probably his nose along with it." sunyoung's eyes widened.

"what? oh my gosh- and you haven't taken him to a hospital?!"

"his father won't let him! i can't go anywhere without auntie and uncle and they've been out at work and i'm 90% sure that fucking gorilla would pummel joon and me if i tried to tell them!" yoongi argued, referencing to namgil and his voice cracking ever so slightly. sunyoung sighed, trying to figure out what to do.

"okay, well, namjoon is gonna have to stay with me for a couple days anyways so i'll take him to the hospital when we get back. i'll sort out oppa and whatever went on at the goddamn party... god, he should've never opened his mouth. he's always been like this," sunyoung complained to herself, her arms hugging tight against her body as she glanced back at namjoon then back to yoongi.