XXII. Mama never really learnt how to live by herself, its a curse

🫀

🫀

hoseok's chest was heaving and he could barely keep himself upright as he clambered onto the crowded bus. the boy held his arms around his stomach and his foot tapped anxiously against the floor as the bus drove way too slow for his liking.

soon enough hoseok made it to his stop, pushing past everyone and running down his neighbourhood, past the co-op and past the over-priced corner shop. past the older women who'd usually stop him for a conversation and past the slightly older than him boys who'd dap him up and ask if he was keeping his head up at school. past the house that belonged to rachel and darren the couple with seven kids, none of them fitting in the house and all of them screaming and shouting all of the time and past the racist lady who stood all day outside of hoseok's front door.

hoseok couldn't find it in himself to care about her or what his mother said about always going into the house from the back door to avoid her. she could scream her slurs and horrible words all she wanted, hoseok didn't care.

the boy cursed as he dropped his keys down on the floor, his hands shaking as he heard crashing noises and the sound of his mother sobbing and screaming and a man shouting back at her. tears brimmed his eyes and his vision went blurry as he gave up on the keys that wouldn't even open the door. he swore as he barged the door in, his shoulder aching as he fell down on the floor.

"mama! mama?! where are you?!" hoseok screamed, running into the front room where he felt his heart stop. his hands curled into fists at his sides at the sight of the man who had his nose and ears, "what the fuck are you doing here? get out!" hoseok screamed, shoving the man backwards.

"is that any fucking way to greet your father?" the man seethed, grabbing hoseok's wrists. the boy cursed and struggled and wriggled in his father's grasp.

"get out! how... what are you.. get off!" the dam in hoseok's eyes had finally broken and he sobbed as he tried to break away from his father's hold.

"you've changed. you used to love me, hoseok," the man spoke with an eerie and calm voice that hoseok was so uncomfortably close to finding comforting. words couldn't amount to how much he used to miss his father before he became aware of the man's horrible personality and actions.

"hoseok.." yuna managed to bring out of her throat, her nose red and bloody and the side of her face yellow with a bruise, "go. it's okay, go back to the party, mama's gonna be fine."

hoseok cursed, looking around him at his house. shelves were toppled over and the television was smashed into pieces. everything was a disaster. glass littered the floors and had pierced yuna's slippers, leaving soft, red footprints smudged on the laminate floors. years of saving and working hard to provide were reduced down to nothing.

"you piece of shit- get off!" hoseok screamed, finally pushing the man back into the wall and scrambling to his mother. he trembled as he held her weakening body in his arms. the boy gave a shaking apology as he got up and banged his fist on the walls, "zayn! fuck- zayn! please, call an ambulance!" the poor boy screamed, his voice distorted through harsh sobs, "and the police! plea—"