V. To the voice in your head, pulling in old memories

TW: RAPE, NECROPHILIA, ABUSE, MURDER

💌

"congratulations, boys. you both got eights for this project. i'm glad you could work well together despite your personal issues." namjoon and yoongi nodded, saying their thank yous and walking back to their desk.

"that was definitely a month and a half," namjoon said, practically falling into his chair as yoongi did the same.

"you said it," yoongi glanced over to namjoon who had his eyes closed, "i can't believe you're gonna be gone soon. i got jungkook to buy you a cake!" yoongi said.

"was it really that hard?" namjoon mumbled, yoongi laughed.

"no, i just told him it was for you and that loser was already pulling out his wallet."

a comfortable silence rested between the two. namjoon hadn't officially forgiven yoongi at all but the boys felt they could relax around each other. they knew it would never be the same but they were fine with that.

"yoongi, what if i didn't go?" namjoon mumbled, yoongi sat up in disbelief and looked at the boy.

"really? you haven't given in the paperwork?" namjoon nodded and sat up, yoongi did the same. "well, i'm happy for you, joo- namjoon."

"thank you, min."

💌

namjoon sat alone at lunch, thinking to himself about yoongi. he wondered how the boy was still alive at this point but he knew yoongi was resourceful and to get food when he needed. it still upset namjoon though. he didn't like the fact that people went hungry or thirsty or without shelter in this world. he couldn't comprehend how we all as a society left people like that. how we couldn't look out for a fellow human who didn't even ask to be on this earth. it hurt him.

he was thinking too much at this point, his fingers hurting from being tapped on the table so hard. he sighed and gathered his things, leaving the library.

he began to make his way to the sports hall, curious to see which clubs were on today. on his way he passed jungkook and taehyung.

"hey, jungkook," namjoon said, jungkook and taehyung stopped, smiling at namjoon, "thanks for everything that you've done for me, man, i know i havent ever properly thanked you. you're a good person."

"aw," jungkook said, "thanks namjoon."

"also, hoseok on the football team told me you two are together, congrats!"