VIII. So come to me where no demons come

before this chapter starts.
i am so incredibly lucky to have a friend like vickie_org . she is a wonderful writer and the fact that she agreed to this is still blowing my mind. her stories are top tier and enough to make you cry. i'd like to thank vickie immensely for this chapter, it's probably the best one in the book lmao. i hope you enjoy it as much as i do!! thank you vee for this wonderful chapter!!

- helios

written by vickie_org

namjoon had been waiting for nine months to see the small human that would be welcomed into his life. a whole nine months, but he still didn't know what to feel or think. he imagined that most older siblings would be overwhelmed with joy and pride. namjoon wanted to be happy; he wanted to be proud of being an older brother, but he felt like he shouldn't. whenever he thought about it, he thought about what yoongi had said.

"would you want your mother to treat your little sister the way that she treats you?"

the question repeated itself over and over again in namjoon's head. namjoon had always thought that hitting your children was the way to keep your children disciplined and in line. he always thought that he thought it's what kept him in line. however, he didn't like the thought of his mother littering his sister with purple and brown bruises. in fact, he hated the thought. he wished he could erase the thought from his head.

on his bike, he peddled as fast as he could to get to the hospital to see his mom. he raced like there was no tomorrow. he peddled until his legs were burning and his vision faded in and out. he could care less about the outside world. he wanted to see his mom and little sister.

namjoon locked his bike on the bike racks outside the hospital. he ran to the reception desk, "h-hi" he gasped for air, "hello, how can i help you?" the woman worriedly asked, seeing how out of breath the boy was, "m-my mom" he breathed in for air, "i-is giving b-birth"

the receptionist smiled, "of course. what's her name?" she asked, namjoon smiled back as he said her name through his exhausted deep breaths,"okay, she's going to be up in floor 6 in the maternity unit in room 868" she said, namjoon ran to the elevator, running past the people in wheelchairs and the coughing people in the waiting room. his selfish little mind could care less about the people throwing up and were waiting for care.

as he ran through the hall, he bumped into a particularly old lady. she wasn't that old, but she was pretty old at the same time. he stopped, "i'm so sorry! i'm looking for my mom!" he sighed, looking to the side and seeing it was room 868 that the woman was standing in front of the room.

"room 868? my son is in there with his wife" the short lady said, "oh. i'm namjoon, your son's son" he said, tilting his head. he was a brainiac but the best wording he could come up with was 'son's son'.

"my grandchild! i feel like i haven't heard much about you" the woman smiled, namjoon showed a small smile. he didn't know what he had expected to hear, but he had hoped it would've been better than that, "your grandpa is in the bathroom, but what do you think about going to wolverhampton when he comes back?"

namjoon raised a brow, "w-what?" he carefully asked, "we can go and have to wolverhampton and have some fun! it's great!" the woman smiled, "oh, i don't have money" namjoon nervously laughed. he was scared and reluctant. how did he know this woman wasn't a carbon copy of his father?

"i'm your grandmother, namjoon-ah" she said, "so do i give you money?" he hesitantly asked, "no, it's the other way around. grandparents give their grandchildren money and take them to fun places" she explained. that concept seemed like something from a different world to namjoon. there was a world where people gave namjoon things and not the other way around? crazy.