VII. Late AM is always when they try and start their run

A/Nthink i put too much real stuff in here so please be gentle w my heart and soul, they're in these pages

A/N
think i put too much real stuff in here so please be gentle w my heart and soul, they're in these pages.

tw: vomit, violence, abuse and bullying

🫀

september third. namjoon didn't know if he was dreading that day or was excited for it. on one hand, he was starting his gcse courses and on the other hand, he was starting his gcse courses. being more on the science-y side of being smart, he was lucky in the fact that he had three of his gcses be science and another being maths.

he thought of yoongi who complained all of the summer holidays about having to do science and maths for gcses.

namjoon knew what he wanted to do since he was seven years old. he wanted to be a top neurosurgeon.

ever since he was little, all he could ever think or have the passion to talk about was the brain. when he was young and people thought that a child spewing facts was cute, he'd babble all about the brain. the different parts, what the parts did and his favourite little facts.

now, however, not many wanted to listen to a teenager ramble on about shit they didn't care about. people had their own lives and namjoon now lacked the trait of being young and cute.

so, namjoon just learned to never talk about the brain, no matter how much he wanted to. nobody wanted to listen to dumb facts about the brain. namjoon didn't even want to listen to facts about the brain. it was a boring topic. it was so boring. everything about it was boring. or at least, that's what he tried to train himself to think.

he was good at that, really. he was good at manipulating himself with quote unquote logic.

he didn't get enough or even any love from his parents who were his only family? that's just because he was a terrible son and should always strive to be the most perfect person ever and god forbid he slip up because if his parents don't, he'll reprimand himself to no end.

he struggled to make friends and overthought so much on how to make them that every child his age got weirded out and just slunk away? good for namjoon, friends only slow you down. the only people on earth you should focus on are your parents, after all.

nobody wanted to hear him talk about things he loved so dearly? they have a point, everything he loved was so boring that namjoon could feel himself falling asleep and he was the one talking!

namjoon was a master at this.

he sighed and rolled over in his bed, his phone on the floor as he got a notification. he smiled a bit, knowing it was yoongi. the boys, although not having full conversations all of the time, had kept their morning texts tradition over the holidays.