XXIII. And it's growing, you're a pond and I'm an ocean

🫀

🫀

namgil wanted to rip out his heart that morning. most parents would probably die on the spot seeing what he saw. they'd be pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital and quickly put in the morgue so the next sad sack could take the bed they're uselessly filling up. namgil wasn't entirely sure if he could be roped into the category of 'most parents'. scratch that, he was absolutely sure that he couldn't be roped into the category of 'most parents'. namgil wasn't a good parent, the man had tried to murder his son. multiple times. he was just a lucky son of a bitch who wasn't convicted. that's all he was.

he didn't even know what to do. he didn't have the tiniest clue on,,, anything!

jungwon wasn't back yet and neither was jungkook, the two had been out since the day before and bora seemed worried. namgil could only feel an awkward press to the back of his neck as he stayed helping around with chores as he was taught to do from a young age whilst visiting someone's house.

he and misun had never bothered to teach namjoon anything like that, the boy never left the flat anyways, not for anything. misun and namgil never had any reason to bring him. what was the point?

"it was my fault," namjoon mumbled, the first words he had spoken since he came back that morning.

him, yoongi and namgil were sat down at the dining table, eating their breakfast in a horrible silence. junghee had left that night after jungkook's birthday to the airport to make it back to university and bora was out at work and jungkook and jungwon... nobody really knew where they were.

yoongi sighed at namjoon's words, putting his fork down and holding his head in his hands before glaring at namgil.

"you're a piece of shit," yoongi muttered to the man who put down his knife and fork, curling his hands into fists.

"did jiho and seojun not teach you any manners?" namgil seethed, only pissing yoongi off more.

"that's chef min and mr min to you, bitch."

"hyung- dad—"

"you act as if you know my son inside and out, i guarantee you, you fucking don't." namgil stood up, the glass of water next to him clattering and falling, causing water to spill everywhere. yoongi stood up as well, leaning his hands against the dining table.

"i dont act, sir," yoongi said in a mocking tone, "i do know your son. better than someone like you ever could. do you understand that or do i need to say it slower to get it through your thick head?!"

"that's my fucking son."

"yeah and you really show it! how many fucking times did you say he didn't exist? pretend that you don't know him? huh?!"