Chapter 17

Phayu's pov:

The other two also shot up and gazed at me with alarm clear in their expressions.

"I'll send you the location. Pakin and i are also here. You can come if you like. Though I'm pretty sure you will." He chuckled and hung up.

My heart was pounding in my chest as i looked at my phone screen.

Sun was kidnapped from his school... They called Rain to go to their hideout... They're there now...

"Phayu? What's going on? Is everything okay?" Pai stepped closer and gripped my arm.

"I need to go..." I turned and bolted out of the garage, going straight to my car.

I could hear them following me but i paid them no heed.

All i could think about was that i needed to get to them right now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
When i got to the location, there were multiple black cars parked around the premises, effectively blocking it off.

I jumped over the cars and went toward where i could see p'Chai and p'Pakin standing with some men.

Thankfully, no one tried to stop me.

I could hear the sounds of fighting, screaming, and gunshots coming from inside the building.

"Oh, you got here fast." P'Chai cocked an eyebrow at me when he noticed me.

I looked at the building we were in front of.

"Where are they?" I asked quickly.

"Still inside. He should be finishing up by now." P'Pakin answered.

"No one has tried to go in and help?" I frowned.

"No. Rain can handle himself. He's been in this world longer than you have, Phayu. He's been fighting literally his whole life." P'Chai.

I gritted my teeth. "That doesn't mean he needs to do it all by himself even now when he can get help."

"Going in there right now is probably not a very good idea." P'Beam came up to us.

I was about to argue but he cut me off.

"Do you really think the life he's lived up until now would have left no effect on him psychologically?" He cocked an eyebrow.

I blinked.

"What does that have to do with this?"

He sighed. "When Sun is in danger, a switch gets flipped in him. He will go on a rampage and attack anyone who tries to come anywhere near him. He won't recognize foes from friends and will attack purely on instinct. It's how he was when he first came to us. He wounded many men and attacked anyone who tried to even get close. Words won't reach him when he's in that state either. And over the years, every time Sun has encountered something dangerous like this, he reverts back to that state. So if we were to go in and try to help him, he would attack us as well. Because the one in there right now isn't Rain. It's Sun's older brother. The one who's had to fight to protect him all his life from all kinds of danger. Without anyone's help."

I clenched my fists tightly as I heard his words.

"I'm sure Sky here would have seen a small glimpse of that when he got taken to the police station without Rain's knowledge a few days ago." P'Chai tilted his head and looked behind me.

I turned around and saw Pai and Sky standing there, worry evident in their expressions.

Rain had told me about the police incident.