Chapter 14

Rain's pov: 

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking quickly to adjust my vision. 

The first thing that registered in my head was that the place i was in was dimly lit. 

There were golden rays of sunlight pouring in through the windows but the room itself wasn't lit up. 

I frowned, trying to remember where i am. 

And then it clicked. 

I had come running to the garage after hearing about how they had men targeting Sun as well. 

We came up to the room and p'Beam treated my wounds before giving me a shot that made me fall asleep. 

I looked to my side when i felt movement. 

A smile automatically formed on my face when i saw Sun pressed against my side, with his arm draped over my chest. 

He was fast asleep. 

I brought one hand up to his face and gently brushed back his hair. 

I was fucking terrified when that man said that. 

All the worst-case scenarios played in my head immediately. 

I barely even remember the drive here. It was all a blur of panic and fear. 

The thought of losing him made me feel as if i was dying. 

I'm so fucking thankful i asked p'Phayu to go pick him up instead of telling him to walk home. 

Things could have gone so wrong today if i had. 

I leaned my head a bit toward him and kissed his forehead gently. 

"Mmm..." He snuggled closer to me, draped his leg over mine, and pressed his face into my neck before relaxing again. 

Always so cuddly and clingy when we're sleeping in the same bed. 

I poked him, making him grumble as he woke up easily. 

He's always been a light sleeper. 

"5 more minutes..." He muttered against my neck. 

"You won't be able to sleep tonight if you keep sleeping now. Get up." I poked him again, this time a bit harder. 

He grumbled under his breath but pulled back and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. 

I pushed myself up into a seating position, leaning back against the headboard.

''How are your wounds, p'?'' He asked as he sat up as well.

''They're fine. They barely hurt at all.'' I smiled reassuringly. 

He narrowed his eyes at me. 

"I promise. I can barely feel them. I'm fine." I reached out and patted his head gently.

"You always say that even if you're badly wounded." He huffed. 

"But I'm not badly wounded now, am i? This stab wound isn't very deep and the others are just shallow scratches that will heal in a few days max." I rubbed at his scalp gently. 

He nodded slightly. "I guess i can't argue with you on this one." 

I chuckled. "Don't be such a worrywart. It doesn't suit you." 

"I wouldn't worry if you didn't get hurt like this. I told you to be careful when you're working." He frowned. 

"I just got distracted for a few minutes. I promise it won't happen again." I replied.