Perfect Target

En başından başla

"You changed so much Baby.." He slurred. "You dyed your pretty brown hair to black and put on grey contact lens?"

I stood before him, my eyes blazing with fury as his drunken words slurred out.

Wow does he still not realize I'm not my mom?

"Yes.. I dyed my hair black and changed my eye color. What are you going to do about it?" I replied, my voice dripping with sarcasm. The room fell silent as the weight of my words hung in the air. He stared at me, his eyes wide with disbelief.

"You started to talk back now?" he stammered, his voice filled with a mixture of shock and anger.

I scoffed now completely forgetting the mission at hand.

" Oh please, talking back implies that I ever listened to you in the first place," I shot back, smirking at his flabbergasted expression.

"I guess you're here for my money then," he sneered, his tone dripping with bitterness. I raised an eyebrow, unbothered by his attempt at intimidation.

"Bitch please , I'm here for much more than your measly money. You should be worried about protecting your ego, because that's what I'm about to demolish first," I responded.

He suddenly cupped my face.

"Aurora why are you acting like this?" he pleaded, his eyes searching mine for answers.

I chuckled. My name was Lenna not Aurora.

"Well because I want revenge," I replied, pulling away from his touch. "And you, my dear, are the perfect target." His expression shifted from confusion to a mix of fear and realization.

"Is it because I supported Donovola and Lance in their quest for power?" he asked, his voice trembling. I smirked, enjoying the power I held over him in that moment. 

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously as I secretly switched on my microphone and began recording our conversation to let my teammates hear whatever he was saying.

"I helped Lance and Donovola get what they wanted."

"And what did they want?"

"You, Aurora. They wanted a taste of you." My heart skipped a beat as his words sank in. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks, shattering the illusion of control I had carefully constructed.

D-Did they touch m-my mom?

"But don't worry none of us were successful ," he quickly added, sensing my panic. His words offered little comfort as a wave of anger and disgust washed over me. How could anyone think of using my mother in such a vile manner?

 I clenched my fists, feeling a surge of determination to bring justice to those responsible.

Suddenly someone spoke in my ear piece.

"Lenna, breath. Don't lose your composure now. We need you focused and level-headed if we're going to bring these perpetrators to justice," the voice said calmly.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart.

I looked at the pathetic man in front of me with a smirk.

"What would you do to get back with me?" I asked him. He gripped my hands.

"Anything for you, love" He whispered. I gagged inside my head at his words, feeling a wave of disgust wash over me.

"Then beg for my forgiveness," I replied, coldly staring into his desperate eyes.

"W-What?" He asked in shock. I smirked.