017

~Lenna's pov~

I stood outside the police station, taking in the sight before me. The building was made up of red bricks and had tall windows that reflected the light from the streetlamps. The entrance was marked by a large sign with the word "police" written in bold lettering above it. 

As I made my way inside, I could see officers sitting behind desks, answering phone calls, and typing on their computers. The air was filled with a sense of authority and urgency, giving me a feeling of both safety and unease at the same time.

I greeted all the officers with a good morning, earning their smiles back. One officer caught my attention as he walked by. He was tall and wore a crisp uniform with a badge pinned to the front. His demeanour was serious, but there was a hint of kindness in his eyes. 

As he passed me, I could hear him speaking into his radio, relaying information to fellow officers about a potential suspect. It was the one and only Cal. He ended the call before he looked at me. His sharp jawline and chiselled features were softened by his adorable dimples when he smiled. His brown hair was neatly slicked back, showing off his piercing chocolate brown eyes that shone with intelligence.

"Good Morning!" I chirped. Cal looked up from his radio, startled by my sudden greeting. He quickly regained his composure and flashed me a charming smile.

"Good morning to you too," he replied, his voice smooth and confident. I couldn't help but feel a flutter in my stomach as he walked closer to me.

"This is the first time you're late," he teased. I groaned.

"You have no idea. My damn car broke down in the middle of the road, so I had to walk all the way here and let me tell you, it's not fun." I huffed. He chuckled.

"Well, lucky for you, you look just as beautiful when you're huffing and puffing." He winked.

I blushed, feeling flustered by his comment.

"That's not the point," I replied, trying to regain my composure.

"I'm just so frustrated and tired from walking all that way."

He nodded sympathetically.

"Do you need anything? A drink of water, maybe?" His kindness softened my earlier annoyance, and I found myself smiling gratefully in response.

"Nah, it's ok, but thank you for asking. Now I think I should go before Mr.Nightingale kills me." I shuddered at the thought of my dad's crimson red face.

He chuckled. "I don't think he'll kill you, but it's always best to avoid angry fathers."

I nodded in agreement, relieved that he understood the gravity of the situation. As I turned to leave, he called out to me,

"Hey, if you ever need someone to distract your dad, just let me know. I'm pretty good at digging my way out of trouble." He winked at me playfully, and I felt my cheeks heating up.

"Sure thing!" I waved back and walked towards my cabin.

It was early in the morning, and everyone was full of spirit, but the minute it became afternoon, everyone was on the brink of collapsing. Me, included.

I slowly creaked the door to my cabin, only to see my dad sitting on my chair and glaring at me.

Ah shit....

"Dad! Good morning!-"

"This is your third time, Lenna."

"But dad, I have a valid reason this time! My car broke down."