Autumn

~At Night~

Kamari and I had met up and spilled all the information that we had gathered before she decided to drop me back at my hotel. As I entered the dimly lit lobby, a sense of exhaustion washed over me. The events of the day had taken their toll, both mentally and physically. The adrenaline that had fueled me during our investigation has now waned, leaving me feeling drained and in desperate need of rest.

I thanked Kamari for her help and bid her farewell, promising to regroup in the morning. With heavy footsteps, I trudged up the stairs to my room, eager to collapse onto the soft bed and let sleep claim me. I opened the door to my room and closed the door behind me, shutting out the outside world and its troubles. The dimly lit room welcomed me like a sanctuary, offering solace from the chaos that had consumed my day. I kicked off my shoes and let out a long, tired sigh, feeling the weight of the day slowly lift from my shoulders.

I still felt a little drunk from the drinks earlier, but the exhaustion quickly took over. The room seemed to spin slightly as the familiar scent of lavender filled the air, soothing my senses and lulling me into a state of tranquilly. I was about to remove my dress when someone caught my hand. Startled, I turned around to find a familiar face looking back at me. It was Matteo.

He looked very panicked.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. I blinked in surprise, unsure of how to respond to his sudden appearance.

"I-I live here," I stammered, my voice betraying my confusion. Matteo's eyes widened.

"No, your room is the door across the hall. This is my room."

I quickly glanced around, taking in the unfamiliar surroundings. The furniture, the color scheme, everything was different from what I was accustomed to. I must have been so lost in my thoughts that I had walked into the wrong room without even realizing it.

Matteo's expression softened, his initial panic turning into amusement.

"I'm tired, and I really don't care whose room this is. Now move." I replied and was about to remove my clothes when he caught my hands again.

"Are you insane? I'm right here, and you're really going to remove your clothes in front of me?"

"If you have a problem, then leave." I pointed towards the door. He looked at me, shocked.

"Are you kicking me out of my own room?"

"Yes"

He came really close to me, making me back up against the wall, his intense gaze locking with mine. I could feel the heat radiating off his body; his presence overwhelmed me.

" You reek of alcohol. What did you and Kamari even do?"

He kept on talking, but I wasn't paying attention. My eyes were on his lips, which were dangerously close to mine. His voice faded into the background as my focus narrowed solely on him and the electricity that seemed to surge between us. I could almost taste the forbidden temptation that hung in the air, and against my better judgement, I found myself leaning in closer, unable to resist.

He stopped talking in surprise.

"What are you doing, Lenna?" He asked, taking a step back, only for me to pull him back to myself.

I cupped his face before grinning.

"You are so pretty," I whispered, my voice barely audible as I closed the distance between us once again. His eyes searched mine, a mix of confusion and desire swirling within them.

I slowly reached my fingers to his eyes.

"Your eyes remind me of Autumn." I smiled softly. "It's my favorite season."