I'm Alive

~Matteo's pov~

"I love you," she said with a smile before the light in her eyes drained and her body went limp in my arms. Panic surged through me as I quickly lowered her to the ground, carefully laying her down. My heart pounded in my chest as I frantically checked for any signs of consciousness. That's when I saw the blood pouring out from her side. It stained her clothes, pooling beneath her like a macabre painting. Fear engulfed me as I tried to stem the flow, my trembling hands fumbling for something, anything, to apply pressure. The sight of her pale face and the growing pool of crimson reminded me of the fragility of life.

"I-I love you, Lenna; D-don't leave me," I choked out, my voice barely above a whisper. Tears welled up in my eyes, blurring my vision as I continued to apply pressure to her wound.

I picked her up in my arms and ran out of the greenhouse, desperate to find help. The weight of her limp body pressed against my chest, and her breaths were shallow and weak. Panic surged through my veins, propelling me forward with every ounce of strength I had left. The world around me seemed to blur as I sprinted through the garden, the once vibrant flowers now nothing more than a blur of colors. The wind howled in my ears, a haunting soundtrack to the nightmare unfolding before me.

"MATTEO, WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?" Kamari yelled, and all of our friends turned to us horrified.

"C-Cal is in the greenhouse. You guys go arrest him; I-I'll take her to the hospital." I gasped, my voice barely audible over the pounding of my heart. Kamari's eyes widened in shock, her hands trembling as she reached out to touch my shoulder.

"Is she... is she going to be okay?" she asked, her voice filled with a mix of fear and concern. I could only offer a weak nod in response, my mind racing with thoughts of Cal and what he had done. As our friends rushed towards the greenhouse, I carefully cradled her limp body in my arms, desperately trying to ignore the weight of guilt that settled in my chest.

Kamari followed closely behind, her eyes never leaving the lifeless figure in my grasp. As we reached the car, I gently laid her down on the backseat, making sure she was as comfortable as possible. The urgency in my movements matched the panic in my mind, knowing that time was of the essence. With a heavy heart, I closed the car door and quickly got into the driver's seat, ready to race against time to get her the help she so desperately needed.

"Take care. After we are done here, we'll rush over to the hospital." Kamari said, her voice filled with worry and determination. I nodded in agreement, my focus solely on the road ahead. The engine roared to life as I pressed down on the gas pedal, the car accelerating with a sense of urgency. The world outside blurred as we sped through the empty streets, the city lights flashing by in a dizzying array. The only sound that filled the car was the rhythmic thumping of my own heartbeat, a constant reminder of the fragile life resting in the backseat.

I looked at the rearview mirror, watching as the headlights of pursuing cars became mere specks in the distance. I looked at her in the backseat, laying there motionless, her face pale and fragile against the dark leather upholstery. The events that had led us to this moment played out like a chaotic film reel in my mind, each frame filled with danger and desperation.

If anything happened to her and she didn't make it out alive, I knew that I couldn't bear to continue living. The weight of the world seemed to rest on my shoulders as I glanced back at her, her life hanging by a thread. We finally reached the hospital, and I practically sprinted out of the car, desperate to get her the help she needed. The emergency room doors swung open as I burst through them, my heart pounding in my chest. Nurses and doctors immediately rushed to our side, their urgent voices blending together in a cacophony of concern.