三 ; 06

Jeongguk thought it was a lie

At first, he thought he'd been imagining things.

Thought that his imagination finally got the best of him this time. That he had merely thought of the alter once Taehyung had waved that hand gesture ever so shyly. And then he realized he was nothing but trembles in his own skin, a light tap into his consciousness as he finds himself in the midst of a return that he hadn't quite yet realized to be real.

Because, well, how can it possibly be real?

None of it can be real. His wishes must not align with reality. The minute they merge to be true, Jeongguk would lose himself in this fantasy forever.

The fantasy of standing there, beside his lover. Of nesting in his skin, relishing in his scent. He wanted nothing more than to run from this reality, and live in such a dream. A reverie crafted from his mere desires. It wasn't like he was entirely oblivious to the possibility. But god, did he wish nothing more than to helplessly live in that dream.

"D-Dot..." The name leaves his lips in a quiet exhale, all the while said alter merely gazes at him, a smile laced with patience and curled at the corner of his lips. "Dot, it's-... It's you, isn't it...?"

Once again Jeongguk feels crazy. Feels he's getting ahead of himself. But once the older gave a short nod and landed a gentle hand to his cheek, Jeongguk feared he would crumble any second now.

"Dot, I'm-.." He stops when he hears a light sniffle, and quickly notices the alter's glossed eyes and flustered appearance as he dips his head down in some sort of attempt to hide. Jeongguk couldn't help the small chuckle that slips from his lips while his hands reach to wrap speedily over the older, pulling him close to his chest with no intention of letting go.

Just like that he's holding his lover in his arms. Holding Dot in his arms. Something he would've thought to be impossible before the fated fifth anniversary of Taehyung's supposed 'death'.

Strangely enough Jeongguk feels he'd been so emotionally drained, he'd already shed all his tears over the past few days, that all he could feel towards the older in this moment was the pure joy rushing him. Of course, alongside Taehyung's warmth that had always been proficient in soothing his wounded soul.

The two remain like that for a moment, just holding each other while Jeongguk rubbed the older's back peacefully, soaking in this newfound feeling of pure nirvana. Eventually the two men pull apart, and Jeongguk wipes the small tear that had slipped down Taehyung's cheek, and retreats his hands up in a gesture.

'I'm so glad you're here.' Jeongguk's hands speak, and in that moment Dot's eyes becomes comically large, a look of utter surprise overcoming his facial features.