Late Night Talk

"Are you awake?", Fjodor whispered as he stared onto the black ceiling. "Mmhh", Nikolai answered. "I'm sorry", Fjodor said. The other boy sat up in his bed and turned towards him. "Why?" Fjodor fidgeted with his hands.

"Well, you always stand up for me and I feel like I do nothing in return, I mean..." - "You fricking recorded your dad in secret. If that was not something then what is?" Fjodor looked at the floor. "It's not only that... Nikolai I... I love you." Nikolai looked at him sceptically. "I know, Fyo, what's wrong?"

"I never say it. I never do. You say things like I'm worth it and something, but why? I don't give you anything, I..." His words got swallowed by the kiss Nikolai placed on Fjodor's lips. "Stop rambling, Fyo. Nobody ever gave me more than you do. You took me in, you kinda solved this whole situation right now."

"That's not what I mean, Kolya! Every single 'I love you' comes so hard across my lips. I don't compliment you, I don't say anything like that. I... I'm just not good at expressing myself."

Nikolai crawled down on the futon next to Fjodor. He couldn't bear seeing him trash himself like that. With one hand he tilted Fjodor's head towards him. "Listen, Fyo. I know you for a while now, and I'm not dumb okay? I know how you are. I know you're not the most expressive one through words, but that's okay. It makes the times you do so much more special. And I know you love me through everything you do. The way you look at me, the way you hold my hand, the way you kiss me. The way you let me touch you. How you stood up against your father so I had a chance of staying here." - "That was partly self interest." - "Doesn't matter."

Fjodor let his head sink on Nikolai's shoulder. What did he do to earn him? It was like, for the first time, someone understood him. Someone accepted him as he was. Someone he could rely on. Someone who didn't run away even after seeing how much of a chaos he was. "Can you... Can you stay here tonight?", he asked, pointing at his futon. "Was that another 'I love you'?" Nikolai chuckled. "Maybe..." The white haired boy smiled as he lifted the other one up in his arms to lay him down on the bed.

"Why should we sleep on the floor, when we have a perfectly comfortable bed right here?" Because it was cramped. Nikolai's bed was way smaller than his own, but he didn't care. He was enveloped in the warm blanket, surrounded by Nikolai's scent, looking into his crystal clear eyes. His eyes are so beautiful, he thought.

"I like it when you look at me like that", Nikolai said, tucking a pitch black strand of hair behind Fjodor's ear. "Like what?", he whispered. "Like I'm the most beautiful person in the world." Fjodor blushed and hid his face under the blanket but Nikolai gently rose his head again. "Nonsense." The smaller one crossed his arms.

"You're cute when you're embarrassed." Fjodor blushed even harder at that. "I'm not." He playfully pouted and turned in the other direction, just to feel Nikolai's breath brush his ear. "You are the cutest person in the whole wide world." A shiver went down his spine and he flinched. "Cut it and go to sleep, idiot." Forcefully he pulled the blanket over his head and refused to continue the conversation. Nikolai's lips were curved into a gentle smile, as he put an arm around Fjodor and fell asleep.

Note at the end here: No, I won't write any NSFW, but maybe some suggestive remarks and hints and stuff. But if I ever write an explicit scene, I'm gonna die from embarrassment. I'm sorry 😂😅