Unforeseen Turn

He cleared his throat and got up to create some space between them. "I'm sorry, what were you saying?" Nikolai looked equally confused. "I don't... Well... Ah, wait, you called me Kolya or something." Oh right, that's where the conversation had ended. Fjodor felt his cheeks burn, mostly from embarrassment. Mostly.

"I, that's, I mean, a nickname?" He phrased it as a question rather than a fact. Expecting a negative reaction, he was surprised when Nikolai smiled. "I like that. Now what should I call you? Dos-kun seems too formal now. Dosty?" Fjodor couldn't suppress a chuckle. "Please don't do that."

One week of the year was left. One more week and summer holidays were here. One more week and Gogol would be gone. He stayed at Fjodor's house for now, but got spammed by calls of his parents. But somehow, he had cheered up a bit again, playing with his cards as usual. And Fjodor became to enjoy watching him do that. From time to time, his mind remembered that one moment on the couch. Why did his heart beat so fast?

The finals were tough, mostly for Nikolai, as he had to keep up his grades. Almost every break they sat in Fjodor's office studying. "I need a break. Want something to eat? I'll go fetch something." Fjodor shook his head. He just wanted to accompany him, when Sigma knocked on the door. "Dostojewsky-san, do you have a moment?"

"Did Gogol-san and you make up?", he asked. Fjodor raised a brow and Sigma quickly apologized. "I just finished the expense list for this year." He handed him a few pages of paper. Surprised Fjodor looked at his junior. "Well, thank you. But I didn't tell you to do that." Sigma raised his hands apologetically. "Y... You don't like working with too many numbers, so I thought I could handle it. But I'm sorry, you can always go over it again." Fjodor blinked a few times. "It's fine."

Just before Sigma left, he turned around again. "Dostojewsky-san... You and Gogol-san, you seem to fit each other very well. I don't mean to anger you, but you seem to have gotten more friendly lately. But you should watch how you look at Gogol-san, people might get the wrong idea again." Then he left. Fjodor fell back in his chair. He got more friendly? A chuckle left his lips. Sure, a year prior he'd have grounded Sigma for what he had said. And what did he mean how he looked at Nikolai? Then the door rattled and his companion came back.

"Bon Appetit!", Fjodor said as he placed the plated on the dining table. Gogol was still buried in textbooks. He needed to retake some exams to better his scores to his parents liking. Fjodor wondered, why he still did that. As if it mattered now anyway. "Ugh, why is this so hard?", he whined. Fjodor stood behind his chair and massaged the other's shoulders. Nikolai moaned in pleasure and Fjodor instantly stopped, blushing. "Why did you stop? That was so good." Nikolai chuckled. "Y... You need to eat now." Fjodor slapped his cheeks.

Later they sat on the couch, watching a movie. It was an action movie, with lots of car races and blown up buildings. Both of them had grabbed a pillow and watched fascinated. More than once they squeaked in surprise, Nikolai at least. Fjodor just chuckled at his friend's reactions. It was kind of funny to watch him, almost more interesting than the movie. In the end, the hero cleared the chaos of course and saved the girl. Then they kissed.

Subconsciously Fjodor glanced at Nikolai. Their eyes met and he quickly looked away. Just to glance back a few seconds later. His heartbeat fastened. "I..." Gogol also stared at him. "What... now?", Nikolai asked in a whisper. Fjodor put his pillow aside. "Don't know..." Nikolai did the same and scooted a little closer. Fjodor flinched a little when Nikolai put an arm around his waist. The white haired male stopped at the other's reaction. "No?", he asked. Fjodor shook his head. "Yes."

Author's note:
It's me again. I really did start writing those blog diaries or whatever. If you're interested, go check it out on my profile.
Anyways, I feel like my insta feed is packed with soukoku fanart and somehow I'm tempted to write a fanfic about them, as they are my actual favourite ship haha. But there are so many already and I don't have a single idea on the trope. I had a rough draft on a world ending scenario, but it wouldn't really have a good ending I guess. But it would be angsty, and that's what I love. I need angst. Maybe some vampire trope? Or something like behind the scenes of real bsd? I don't know 😭 feel free to send ideas.
Anyways, actually the next thing I planned to write is the sigma prequel of his past. I have a rough plotting on that one already and I really really want to write that. I want to write way too much. At the same time. And I need a new idea for next year's Young storyteller award (you can read a few chapters of my entry from this year on my profile and you can purchase it on Amazon and thalia as a hardcover book 😊😊), where unfortunately I can't submit fanfics 😅
Aaaand I started rambling again. Sorry.

See ya next week
Yours sincerely
LunaMiyazawa 💜