“But I've seen her yell at him numerous times. I don't think she's interested in having him as her mate,” He muttered.

“If that's the case, then you have to play your cards well. You need to get ahead of Damon because once you have her heart, we have it all.” I put on my sneakers and sighed.

I looked at him. His face held determination. “Yes, I'll make sure to get her before Damon does.”

“Good. Now let's go get that teddy bear.” I smiled and we walked out.

****

We arrived at the mall quickly. Most people were waiting in line while their friends tried to convince them to buy something. Some were holding on to the door frame, or leaning against it. The air was filled with chatter. I felt my ears strain to hear the voices above. It was quite loud, considering how many people were inside the mall.

After getting our tickets, we walked into the entrance and found a place to wait. A few people were already here. They were chatting among each other and some looked bored, but none seemed anxious to rush out of here any minute soon. Who would want to when the place was incredibly huge?

It didn't take long before our turn came and we got in after dropping the tickets with the ticket lady. As soon as we entered, Lucien grabbed a teddy bear from the counter, which looked quite worn down, but still intact somehow.

“That's not it,” I sighed. “You see why I said you can't do anything, right?” I facepalmed.

“Hey, but you said purple with a heart on the belly. Look at this!” He snapped.

“Can't you see that it's worn out?” I snapped back and that was when he looked at the teddy well.

“Oh,” He mouthed.

I scoffed and entered inside. The place looked like a Haven for teddy bears. If I  was a sensitive person, I would have gotten scared of how their eyes bored into mine whenever I looked at them.

Lucien followed me and I looked around. “This way,” I pointed.

The store was huge and there were a lot of people shopping.

“Found it!” I exclaimed the minute I looked up and saw them. This was the exact teddy bear she showed me on her phone. I reached out and grabbed it.

“Wow, it's really beautiful and sparkly too, but it's going to be expensive.” He sighed.

“What do you expect?” I asked as we turned and headed back to the counter.

“Am I really going to waste money on this? Something I'm not going to be giving her from my heart?” He asked.

I turned to face him with a glare. “Are you being serious right now? Don't tell me you allowed me to stress myself to come here and look for this teddy then you end up not buying it,” I snapped and he sighed. “When I thought about this plan, did you think it was going to be easy?”

“Calm down, Zora. I'm sorry. Let's buy it then,” He said, and I scoffed then walked away.

When we got to the counter, the cashier took the teddy. Lucien brought out his card and handed it over to her. She swiped it through the reader and handed over the card back to him. She packaged the teddy and gave it to us.

“Here you are!”

“Thank you.” I smiled and collected it, then walked out of the mall.

“This better work.” Lucien muttered, much to my ear.

“It will.” I answered and he smiled.

****

The day went by faster than I expected, and soon the moon was up. I flipped through the clothes in my wardrobe, looking for something nice to wear. Lucien had been waiting downstairs for a few minutes. He was all dressed while I'm still here trying to make a choice.

My phone rang and I picked it up. I was surprised to see that it was Elora calling. I hope she wasn't going to tell me she won't be able to make it.

I sighed and answered the phone.

“Hello, Luna.” I smiled.

“Hey, Zora. I'm ready. Where are you guys?” She asked.

I was a bit shocked at how pleasant she sounded that night. She sounded nice… not like her usual authoritative self ever since she suddenly decided to be cold hearted.

“Hello?” Her voice came again and I cleared my throat.

“Um, we'd be there soon. We're on our way.” I replied.

“Okay.” She answered and ended the call.

I smiled and dropped the phone. This was a good sign.

I quickly picked out a blue dress with spaghetti straps and slipped it on along with matching pumps. After I applied lip gloss and hair gel, I grabbed my bag and made my way to the living room.

Lucien was just standing there and when he saw me approaching he smiled. “Looking good.” He complimented.

“As always,” I flipped my hair to the side and we laughed. “You remember the plan, right? All you have to do is lure her away in an attempt to give her the teddy, and I'll put the potion in her drink.” I whispered.

“Trust me. We aren't going to screw this up.“ He whispered back and I chuckled.

“Let's go. She's waiting for us.” I said, and we stepped out. Tonight, I was going to finally get what I wanted. Elora would be under my shoes in no time.

We got into his car and arrived at the palace. I saw Elora walking towards a car with a maid behind her. From afar, her beauty was already shining and drawing attention. I sighed. She has really changed so much. She wore a red long gown with a side cut and red heels. The gown looked perfect, and I felt jealous for a while.

When she saw us, she got into her car and mind linked us to lead the way. I scoffed.

“Who is she to order us like that? So bossy!” I snapped.

“Don't worry, babe. Tonight, we'll see who becomes the boss.” Lucien assured me with a smile.

I couldn't wait to break those stupid wings she thinks she has.