Chapter 13 - Work, blood loss, construction projects and the really big love

On the way to P'Note's office, all sorts of scenarios popped into their heads.
Their managers shouting at each other because they disagreed about whether something could be made public, or that they thought Ohm and Fluke's relationship was not working, or in the end the wish that they should keep their distance from each other, or the termination of their contracts...or or...All horror scenarios.
They wanted to be as pessimistic as possible, only to be positively surprised.

Ohm and Fluke appeared punctually before Notes office. Inside, an excited buzz of voices could be heard, but it was not quite clear whether it was positive or negative excitement.
They took each other by the hand, looked deep into their eyes, gave each other a quick kiss and then knocked gently.

Suddenly there was silence in the room.
Note invited them in.
He and News were seated at the small contract signing conference table, sipping a beer, nibbling snacks and actually appearing to have just played cards.

"There you guys are. We've been gambling for a while." Said News, amused.

Ohm looked puzzled.
"But we were just going to meet now."

"Oh, we thought we'd clear up a few things in advance without you." Laughed Note and winked mysteriously at Fluke.

"You don't even know what it's about."
The latter stated in astonishment.

"No, but we can guess." Replied Note, glancing briefly obviously at their two hands stuck together and then at Fluke's neck.

"By the way..." he continued "...such stains are taboo in the near future, you'll soon have the vlog, the award ceremony and the shooting....it would be nice to keep it in check until then, otherwise you'll have to use make up so much."
Now he looked at Ohm all-knowing and full of confidence.

That was Notes Manager look, he was not inferior to News look in any form.

Fluke didn't understand at first. "Stains?" He asked. But then it dawned on him. He had run out without the makeup for the monster hickey on his neck.

He was turning red, like a tomato, a fucking red tomato.
His hand immediately slapped the spot on his neck and his head instinctively leaned against Ohms shoulder.

"Great Daddy Bear, now YOU explain that." He whispered visibly embarrassed.

Silence reigned for a brief moment, but then laughter erupted from Note and News.

"Guys, now don't be so pinched, we know you at least as well as your own parents. Don't you think we haven't noticed that there's something brewing with you. It's just that we expected to have to hold this meeting sooner. There has actually been some sort of contingency plan in place for about a year for the release of your relationship. We just briefly took the time to revise it a bit."
Said News with the cheekiest grin Ohm had ever seen on him.

"Was it all SO obvious?" Fluke couldn't believe it. EVERYONE seemed to have known before he had even decided to talk to Ohm about his feelings.

He didn't know if he should feel courted right now, or screwed.

Why hadn't anyone said anything?

Note knew that look. He knew exactly what was going on in Fluke's mind.

"Don't be mad Fluke. Yes, we had our suspicions, we talked about it and didn't bring you on board, but we didn't want you to think we were talking you into something or trying to talk you out of it. You should decide for yourselves what you want. None of us wanted to interfere. I did think about saying something just before the fan meeting, though, because you were stumbling around and looking sad and uncertain at times."