Chapter 7: Reunion Part 2

No one's pov

Beard: "About time you recognized me again. Eh... (Y/N)?"

(Y/N): (shadow covering his eyes) "..."

Beard: "Figured you just up and forgot about me. I get that it has been 10 years or so since we last saw each other much less talk."

With the atmosphere between these two old friends and once brothers in arms growing ever more tense by the second, Beard kept up his calm, laid back tone while (Y/N) had an emotionless and ominous tone tied to him along with the shadow over his eyes kept the glare he was giving Beard concealed. Meanwhile as tensions continued to rise, Raynare could be seen standing off to the side with an arm full with snacks and refreshments for movie night but at the same time, her eyes were constantly darting between the figures of her boyfriend and the store owner.

Soon a small breeze blew through the store, courtesy of small desk fan on Beard's counter, which moved (Y/N)'s polaroid slightly out of place before absolutely lifting it off the counter top and blowing it away. Passing by the two men, who each didn't bat an eye to it, the polaroid flew towards the aisles. Soon the photograph landed next to Raynare's feet.

Raynare: "Oh."

Reaching down, she picks the photograph up before it could get lost.

Raynare: (in thoughts) "Better hold onto this for (Y/N)."

Continuing to watch the reunion from the side lines, Raynare was left wondering whether or not a violent altercation would break out. Her concern was further heighten when (Y/N) balled up his fists and lowered his head, looking like he was working at containing his emotions. In terms of Beard, Raynare wasn't so sure due to his calm exterior possibly hiding negative and/or hostile thoughts and when gazing over his appearance, she gets stuck on a flat dark earth pistol grip sticking out his waistband.

(Y/N): (stern) "Beard..."

Reengaging eye contact with Beard and unballing his fists, (Y/N) starts to walk towards the red haired male with his left intentions unknown to all parties except him.

Preparing for the worse scenario, Raynare moves the polaroid to her other hand before slipping her free hand behind her back. Using her free hand, Raynare begins to conjure a light spear behind her back.

Shifting back to (Y/N) and Beard. Watching as his friend came towards him, Beard began to approach (Y/N) as well but not before letting out a hearty chuckle.

Beard: *chuckles* "(Y/N)..."

...

...

...

...

...

...

(Y/N) / Beard: (simultaneously) "You son of a bitch!"

*SLAP*