Prologue: The Visitors

Author's Note: Warning: This chapter will contain spoilers for Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number. If you don't want to be spoiled, I would highly recommend you go play the games first but hey if you don't mind the spoilers, I'm not going stop you from reading. With that out of the way, enjoy the story.

No one's pov

The story starts off on a peaceful day in the city of Miami. Throughout the city, people are shown minding their own business as they go about their day. In a display window at a random electronic store, a talk show was airing on multiple TVs in the window.

Talk Show Host: *On TV* "I'd like to welcome our next guest on the show. Famous from critically acclaimed movies such as: 'Blue Ocean', 'The Calm', and 'Land of the Tree-'"

The show was then interrupted by an emergency broadcast causing everyone in the nearby area to gather around the screens and listen up.

Reporter: *On TV* "We are interrupting the program for an emergency broadcast. The President of the United States has been assassinated. A press conference in Washington was interrupted by a league of armed men. During what appears to be a coup d'etat, the President was shot and killed. The Russian President was also shot dead in the chaos that ensued. The ring leader of this uprising appears to be a U.S. army general. At this time, no official statements have been made... Experts believe this will be seen as an act of war against Russia. They fear the repercussions may be severe. Stay tune as we will be reporting live from Washington with new information as the event progresses."

Not long after the announcement was made, everyone in the city started to panic. Some in a desperate attempt to stay alive tried to find a safe place to hide, while some just accepted their fate and chose to spend their last remaining moments with their love ones. Unfortunately before they could get far in whatever they were doing, a siren started blaring across the entire city, indicating that a nuclear strike was heading straight towards them. After ten seconds past, a nuke hits Miami, obliterating the entire city and population.

However as the nuke hits, there were a few individuals that stood out before their lives were taken away in a flash.

At a house in Hawaii, a mother and son are shown relaxing while watching TV before being killed by the atomic blast of another nuke.

Back in Miami, a recently reunited family is shown eating dinner together, unaware of the current events happening. Sadly all good things must come to an end as the family is killed when the atomic blast fully consumes their house.

Inside of an apartment, a man is currently sitting up against a table with his revolver pointed towards the barricaded door. Off to his side are multiple empty bottles of alcohol, implying that the man is heavily drunk right now. From behind a nuclear blast goes off and completely destroys him.

Inside of another apartment, a woman is shown drinking alone while watching a movie. Interesting enough on the table in front of her are two items: a bloody pig mask and a copy of a new movie called 'Midnight Animal'. She too is then killed off by the nuke.

And finally from the inside of a prison cell, a man sat alone on his bed. The name of this man is (Y/N) (L/N) or Jacket as the news and most people called him. While in his cell, he was busy listening to music on the radio and playing with a green stress ball, however when the nuke goes off, the explosion wipes away the entire prison along with (Y/N).

In the end, the entire city was destroyed leaving no survivors. With no story left to tell the credits begin to roll as the camera goes around to view multiple locations in the now barren wasteland known as Miami. After the credits finish, the screen starts to fade to black.