Chapter 5: A Meeting With the Devils

No one's pov

With a rather interesting weekend done and over with, the morning chirps of birds accompanied by the sun slowly rising and making its appearance known to Kuoh Town. After a brief shot from the outside of the (L/N)'s residence, it changes to an inside shot of the second floor hallway. Changing locations from the hallway to inside one of the rooms, we find ourselves inside a rather cozy and inviting master bedroom.

 Changing locations from the hallway to inside one of the rooms, we find ourselves inside a rather cozy and inviting master bedroom

(use this image as an example)

Along a couple of the shelves were some photos which consisted of a family of two in various locations around Japan. The two people being shown in the photos were none other than Mamako and (Y/N). Judging off the appearances of the two in each photo,  it could be estimated that the age of the photos ranged from four years ago, to the most recent one being from a month or two ago.

Besides the family pictures, the bedroom, in it of itself, had a modern aesthetic about it with a slight hint of a woman's touch about the room. At one side of the room were two doors with one leading into the closet and the other leading into another bathroom.

The other thing of mention was the painting above the bed depicting a sakura tree, on a sunny day, at the top of a hill with multiple sakura petals are being lifted up and carried away by the wind.

Then lowering down to focus on the queen size bed, there, peacefully sleeping away the morning hours of the new day, was Mamako (L/N). Judging off the rather happy expression Mamako has, it is safe to assume she is in the middle of a great and/or pleasant dream. But even though she would have enjoyed sleeping in for longer, the sun had other plans. With rays of sunlight shining through her window and onto the bedsheets, Mamako proceeds to close her eyes even tighter as bits of sunlight hits her face. Letting out an irritated moan, she soon begins to shuffle around in the bed before subconsciously grabbing the blanket and pulling it over her head to block out the light. However the damage had already been done and Mamako couldn't resume her slumber and instead grudgingly opens her eyes.

After a pure minute of staring at linen and cotton, Mamako sits up in her bed while pushing the covers off her upper body.  Still feeling a bit tried, she begins to let out a yawn while stretching her arms out.

Mamako: (yawning) "Ahhhhhhhh... *rubbing her eye* Is it morning already?"

Shifting her gaze over to the the window, Mamako gets a blast of sunshine in her face, causing her to look away and wait for her eyes to readjust to their surroundings.

Mamako: "Stupid sun-baka. And of course it happens when the dream was just getting good. *looks to the side of her bed* Right? (Y/N)-kun?"

However much to Mamako's disappointment, the side of her bed was empty.