Chapter 1: Hotline Japan

*A few minutes before the ending to the last chapter*

(Y/N)'s pov

Well saying that today has been a different change of pace would be an understatement. This roller coaster of a day started off like any other normal day in jail, however that all changed the moment I was returned to my cell after my phone call. In a single moment, everything went to hell with that radio broadcast telling the whole country that both our president and the Russia president were killed in that governmental takeover led by the Colonel. Then before any major consequences could occur, I had a visitor, well more like three different visitors. Richard, Don Juan, and Rasmus, these three you could say are very distant friends, only showing themselves when they need or want to. Getting back on track, Richard offered me second chance in the form of a new life in a new world... I'll be honest with you, it was tempting to refuse his offer and accept death, but it sounded so good, how could I pass this up? I mean it's not everyday Death comes knocking on your door to offer you this, so I wholeheartedly accepted and with his help, I was able to bust out of prison easily but not before taking back my belongings and meeting the other two visitors, Don Juan and Rasmus, the latter of which made me fight through an entire cellblock as a test. However during my escape, I had an encounter with a SWAT team but with a little stealth and a few brutal executions, easily got pass them. To wrap it all up I just walked out the entrance and into the arms of freedom... well that was until a nuclear explosion went off in the background. Thankfully before I was blown off the face of the earth, a teleporter of sorts appeared next to me, which I stood on without a second thought and was quickly transported out of there, to safety.

Now I'm here in a realm of darkness with the three masked individuals, each sitting in their own chair in front of me. After a short welcome back message, Richard, with the others' agreement, decided I should get a little powerup which sounds nice and all but he didn't mention until the last second that it was going to hurt a lot. After a painful process, a new tattoo of the 50 Blessings symbol was burned into my right arm. Besides looking cool, the tattoo provides me with new abilities like last man standing and reset... Still kinda weird how I can see and remember my own death. Lets see what else was there... Oh yeah, got some new masks and weapons that originally belonged to a group of fans. Also a dark secret behind the 50 Blessings organization was revealed even though it was too late and to the wrong person. And now the three of them have just come out and told me that they're each part of a supernatural faction: Don Juan is an archangel, Rasmus is a demon lord, and Richard is a grim reaper. All that being said brings us to now...

(Y/N): "Well isn't this something an archangel, a demon lord, and a grim reaper, all in the same room. Now can you get to the point about a second chance at life."

Richard: "Alright well you see in the world we are sending you to, the supernatural are more prevalent to the point where they could be your next door neighbors and you wouldn't even notice. The reason you are being sent there is because there is talk going around the factions about something that could spark another great war in the town of Kuoh and we don't need that happening again, so your going to be sent there to keep watch and if anything happens, intervene. We've already figured out your living arrangements so you don't need to worry about that. Any other questions?"

I shake my head no.

Richard: "Good."

With the meeting nearing its end, I start to feel drowsy and soon faint onto the ground. Feeling my eyes get heavy, I slowly close them, however noticing the same circle with three slashes symbol appear below me. With the circle growing brighter and my consciousness fading, Richard makes one last comment to me.

Richard: "You will wake up in a new house."

Following the meeting's conclusion, I fall completely unconscious. The only things before my vision at this point in time was a bright flash of red light which fades away, leaving nothing but pitch black emptiness inside my head. Instead of being stuck staring at the emptiness of my mind, countless memories begin to flash through my head including...