Chapter 2: 1-800-GETAGIRLFRIEND

For retrospect, this chapter takes place a few days after Issei got turned into a devil and a few weeks since (Y/N) first arrived in this world.

No one's pov

The chapter opens with an outside shot of the (L/N)'s residence, early in the morning. Briefly glancing over the surrounding scenery, the camera then changes perspectives to inside the home where in the kitchen, Mamako can be seen happily humming a tune while preparing breakfast alongside a bento box. Once she finishes cooking, she divides the food between two plates, making sure each one got the same portion size, before picking the plates up and setting them down at the table. Leaving the plates of food at the table, Mamako takes off her apron and hangs it up on a kitchen hook, before walking over to the refrigerator and grabbing two (F/D) from out of it. Setting the drinks down at the table, Mamako leaves the kitchen and stands next to the staircase, leading up to the second floor.

Mamako: (calling out in a motherly voice) "(Y/N)-kun~ Breakfast is ready. Hurry up and come eat it before you have to go to school."

A minute passes by with no response from (Y/N) not even him simply opening his door or playing a random tape on his tape recorder. Thinking he didn't hear her, Mamako tries calling him again, raising her voice a bit more in the process.

Mamako: "Wake up, sweetie! Breakfast."

Once again no response causing Mamako to pout. Letting out a hmph sound, she starts walking upstairs towards (Y/N)'s room to see what's taking him so long. Upon reaching (Y/N)'s room, Mamako knocks on his door before opening the door to a dimly lit room. The only light sources inside the room were from the sunshine bleeding through the closed blinds and the computer which is still on for some reason.

Going over to investigate, Mamako finds that (Y/N) left one of his games opened on the score screen. Oddly enough, the game is still in the middle of calculating the final score from the massive combo (Y/N) got during the level.

Mr. Grimm: Use this video for reference.

Leaving the computer as it is, Mamako walks over to the window and opens the blinds, allowing the sunlight to enter the room. Turning around, she approaches the side of the bed where her precious son was sleeping. While looking at (Y/N) sleeping, Mamako lightly runs her fingers through (Y/N)'s hair with a warm smile on her face.

Mamako: (in thoughts) "Oh, my sweet baby looks so peaceful in his sleep... I wonder what he's dreaming about? *looks at a nearby alarm clock* As much as I could stay here and do this all day, I better wake him up before he sleeps in again."

Taking her hand from off his head, Mamako then lightly shakes (Y/N) until he's awake. From being shaken, (Y/N) lets out a groan as he slowly opens his eyes before covering them because of bright light. Once his eyes get readjusted to his surroundings, the first thing (Y/N) sees when removing his hands from his eyes was the warm smile Mamako was giving him. However instead of saying good morning or hello to his stepmom, (Y/N) just closes his eyes and goes back to sleep while muttering...

(Y/N): (sleepy) "Five more minutes..."

Mamako: *drops the smile and starts shaking (Y/N) more* "Hey, hey don't you dare fall back asleep on me, mister! As your mother, I ain't allowing you to miss another day of school because you wanted five more minutes to sleep!"

She doesn't stop shaking (Y/N) until he fully wakes up.

(Y/N): *sits up and gets Mamako's hands off him* "Alright, alright I'm up!"