XVI.

the liverpool show passed in a blur of photographing and bopping my head to the music. and maybe staring at will singing, but that's not relevant.

it was morning again, and we had to leave early for sheffield, since the concert was that night. despite waking up early to catch breakfast, i was full of energy. i stuffed my plate with everything good that the hotel offered and sat at a table. no one was there yet, so i pulled out my phone and started texting liam about the latest news. i honestly felt a little bad that he was back in brighton and we hadn't seen each other in a while. but we were halfway through tour, so it wouldn't be too long before i'd see him again.

the girls soon joined me and we ate while chatting, until it was time to leave. on the drive to sheffield, i forced everyone to listen to arctic monkeys again, but i was fair and we listened to other music too. we arrived there two hours later and got settled in the hotel. i had tired myself out all morning so i decided to nap before the show. i set four alarms, because you can never be too careful.

——

i had taken my place at the pit, as usual, waiting for the concert to start. soon enough, the band came on stage and started playing their set. i have been finding myself infatuated by their stage performance more and more with each show they played. i started taking photos, admiring how good the band looked in them. it was during the second song they were playing that i noticed somebody get close to me. i turned around, annoyed at the person invading my working space. i never expected the face that i was met with as soon as i turned around.

"hey, tiana," said sam, my ex.

"what are you doing here?" i asked, annoyance in my voice.

"i saw you've been hanging out with this band." he was getting too close to me. i would throw hands if we weren't around so many people.

"i'm actually working, so go away, please," i waved him off, turning my attention back to my camera and the stage. through my lens, i noticed will throwing glances at me.

"oh, come on, you can do better than that." he gestured towards the stage.

"do i need to tell you again? i'm working. leave me alone," i said, really frustrated now.

"tiana, you need to leave these people. i'm better for you." i was about to respond when someone else interjected.

"hey, leave her alone," said will sternly from the edge of the stage where he was standing, knees bended in order for john to hear him. i assumed the song they were playing had just ended.

"what are you, her bodyguard?" sam asked and at that moment i felt his hand wrap around my waist. i let out a little gasp and elbowed him in the ribs.

"don't touch me!" i tried not to shout, as to not cause a scene. i saw will signal at someone from the corner of my eye, and quickly, security was pulling john away.

i heard some mumbles of the word "bitch" from him, before he entirely disappeared from my sight. i tried not to think about him too much for the rest of the show, but i couldn't lie. i was a bit shaken. when the show ended and i went backstage, will immediately appeared in front of me.

"hey, are you okay?" he spoke softly and took my hand in his. this made me smile widely. i hummed in response. "are you sure?" he smiled reassuringly.

"yes. especially since you were there." he looked down, smiling. when he looked back up at me, he slowly pulled me in for a hug, which i gladly accepted. i buried my face in his chest, and he caressed my back soothingly. we hugged for a good ten seconds, before we separated to go pack our respective things.

——

the entirety of the next day was spent playing a lot of different card games in a hotel room and ordering take out, instead of eating at a restaurant. that is, until we had to leave in the afternoon to our next stop, nottingham. it was only an hour long drive so it was still sunny by the time we arrived. we decided to walk around the place for a bit, as we'd done for other cities.

"hey, let's bring our guitars," joe suggested to will when we were leaving the hotel to go explore, so they went back to get their respective instruments. we got coffee and found a peaceful park to sit at, where will and joe covered a bunch of songs, or played some of their own. this chill day cancelled out the previous day's events for me, which made me glad for my newly made friends.

INSTAGRAM
@tianasoles

i know, i know, i'm amazing

comments>>

wilbursoot literally my guitar
>tianasoles okay????

user5 SHES GORGEOUS

user87 Pretty <3