"'A' has to be talking about her phone," Emily gulped. "You still have it locked in your closet, right?"

"Yes," Hanna nodded.

"I don't know about you guys, but 'A' talking about body bags makes me very nervous," Aria added as Spencer walked back in.

"Guys, it was a messenger," she stated, holding up a yellow envelope. She handed each of them a card. "Something for each of us."

When Spencer handed Isabel hers, she opened it. It was an invitation to a masquerade ball. To be honest, Isabel was never a fan of them, especially masquerade ones.

"'A' wants to play hide-and-seek," Emily realized, reading the 'A' message written in red at the bottom.

'Be there when the clock strikes midnight. -A'

Spencer walked off, deep in thought. Isabel looked confusedly at the others before calling, "Spence?"

"Hide-and-seek was my favorite game with Melissa. You wanna know why?" Spencer replied, turning around. "I always won."

-

"She was in that kitchen eating frozen yogurt basically just telling us that she was 'A'," Hanna huffed as they walked to school. Everyone was there but Spencer.

"And now she wants to kill one of us," Aria added.

"Parties and body bags go together like drinking and driving," Isabel agreed.

"Guys, I don't trust Melissa as far as I can throw her and Ian's fetus, but let's not forget that she also knows about the Jenna thing," Emily sighed.

"Ian's fetus? Em, that's disgusting," Aria gagged.

"Look, 'A' is all-knowing, all right?" Hanna said as they stopped in front of the school. "It's like a genius on steroids. The only person I know that's smarter than Spencer is her sister."

"Um, I take offense," Spencer scoffed as she walked up to them. "Melissa did score higher on the Wechsler Scale, but when you take into account my scores and the Flynn Effect, combined with real-life accomplishments, the gap in our IQs is virtually nonexistent."

"Uh, Spence, I don't think anyone else understood what you said," Isabel frowned.

"Um... what are you doing with Ali's bag?" Emily asked, turning to Spencer.

"I'm giving 'A' back her phone over my dead body, which means that we have until midnight tomorrow to unmask this bitch once and for all, and this bag has brought us closer to the truth than we've ever gotten," Spencer explained.

"You think there's something in there we missed?" Isabel said skeptically.

"We need to go through it again, all of us, with a fresh pair of eyes," Spencer suggested, holding out the bag. "But with Melissa at home, I..." She turned to Hanna.

"No, forget my place," Hanna scoffed. "My mom is still hot on the 'A' trail."

They all stared at Isabel.

"Don't look at me, Jason still lives at my place, and he'll definitely start asking questions if he sees that bag again," she scoffed.