½

{½}

THAT NIGHT

I remember when you showed up to my dorm that one time. It was like 3 in the morning and you woke me out my sleep. We rode around the empty streets in silence. I thought it was weird at first because you weren't talking, saying little to no words.

Then you spoke to me, we talked about nothing but everything at the same time.  Seeing you smile and laugh, I could tell you needed that. That was one of the many moment that made me realize, what we had was special Sheduer.

_____ _____

ASHAUNI T. SMITH
📍Denver,Colorado
______________

"Shauni, if you burn me with this fucking hot come one more time" Kamora said feeling my hand that was currently holding my ear down get grazed once again with the hot comb.

Brand New - Keyshia Cole was booming through my handheld JBL speaker. And you best believe my lil speaker was almost acting as a club speaker.

"Make me loose control, i wanna feel everything you giveeee to me" I sung using hand movements like Beyoncé and in my head I was singing like Keyshia.

"Don't piss me off fr, I wish you was acting like this in front of Sheduer. Hmmm" she said teasing me and I rolled my eyes moving to the last section of her hair that I had to do. Of course I told her about the little encounter at the book store, I told her everything almost.

"Shut up Mora, I haven't seen him in a long time. And let me not get into you and Shilo, cause let's not act like y'all don't have...history" I said eyeing her knowing that they used to have kiddy crushes back then. Cause me and Sheduer were actually best friends, I mean we were 6 and 7.

I got finished with straightening her hair and she was staring at herself in the mirror. Something every black girl did when they got they're hair done, It was just mandatory.

"My hair to my assss, im doing everything but getting in the pool. The bundles for this hair was expensive as hell" she said shaking her head from side to side.

"You can still get in the water, you acting like you can swim anyway" I said laughing when I came to realization. I remember my mama put us in swimming lessons, She used to hide in the bathroom when our mom dropped us off. And meanwhile I was attending every lesson and I can swim like a fish if I wanted too.

I like swimming it was calming under the water and just being in it. Wether it's a pool or the sea it's just a different vibe under the water.

"You right, but Ian tryna mess up my hair or nun. Now which bathing suit should I wear bestie?" She asked pointing to her bed which had 6 different bathing suits. A white , Silver, Pink, gold, silver, black bathing suits. All bikinis which looked like they were going to showing off extra skin. I don't hate it tho!

"Umm, if I had to pick it would most definitely be the silver. Because you could match it with the bag you got and you don't never wear silver jewelry, so just to switch it up for the one time" I said and she nodded agreeing as she showed me out her room.

I went into my room and there laying on my bed was the bikini I was going to be wearing. It was pink and I loved the somewhat unique texture in the bikini. And I like the way it hugged my curves and fit the right places.