009 | the witness and a soul's reflection

You and Bada rode the elevator up to the second floor. As the doors slid open and you began walking, Bada could not help but notice something. Bada leaned in a little and mentioned. "The second floor seems quieter, doesn't it?"

"Yes, you're right. It does feel more peaceful up here." You replied while keeping the same pace as her. "Maybe there aren't that many people up here."

You approached your room door and unlocked it with your key. "Welcome in." You greeted her warmly, shutting the door behind you and putting down everything on a nearby chair.

Bada walked into your room and settled onto your bed, her hands resting on her thighs as she leaned forward to look around. Her gaze roamed around the room, and she could not help but smile as she picked up your teddy bear.

"It's cute." She commented.

"I can't sleep without it." You confessed as you sat beside her. "I've had it for a while." You said, giving Bada a glimpse into your life.

"I can relate." Bada admitted, gently placing your teddy bear back in its spot. "I can't sleep without hugging a pillow."

"I guess it's a human thing." You replied. "Wanting to be loved and loving."

Bada nodded in agreement, her smile appreciative. "You are such a deep girl." She complimented. "I like the way you think."

You got up, looking for your aloe vera gel, unzipping your toiletry bag and retrieving it. With the gel in hand, you showed it to Bada.

"Would this work?" You asked.

Bada took it with a nod. She then settled herself further back on the bed, making room for you. "Come sit down so I can help you with it."

You sat again on the bed- positioning yourself between her legs, and you let your robe fall open, exposing your slightly sunburned back.

As you sat there, you could hear Bada opening the tube. Bada's hands, surprisingly cool to the touch, began to gently spread the aloe vera gel across your skin, starting at the base of your neck.

"It's cold." You chuckled, though you welcomed the sensation.

Bada's touch was so gentle and precise. "It's the cold that will make it feel better." She reassured you. "Plus, it's always nice to have someone to take care of you."

Bada gently pulled up your robe, allowing you to tie it back up. You turned around so you could face her.

"Thank you." You told Bada with a smile. "It already feels better."

Bada smiled back. "I'm glad it's helping." She replied softly. "Taking care of each other is what friends do, right?"

"Absolutely." You agreed. "Though sometimes friendships are one-sided."

Bada tilted her head, a thoughtful expression on her face. She recalled your earlier comment about being shy and how it was difficult for you to open up to people. She started to piece together everything, wondering if you had trusted someone you should not have.

"Sometimes people are assholes and don't deserve you." Bada replied empathetically. "They'll see you're insecure and take advantage of that."

You nodded as you recognized the truth in her words. The pain of past experiences still lingered for you, making it difficult to trust people.

"That's what happened to me." You admitted quietly. "It still hurts. I guess some things are too hard to forget."

Bada sighed, her own experiences resonating with yours. "I agree." she said, her eyes filled with understanding. "You seem like such a sweet girl, and I want to get to know you better. I promise I will never do you wrong."

Her words were sincere and comforting, and they touched your heart. As you looked into Bada's eyes, you knew you wanted to be closer to her.

Bada had a thoughtful expression. "On a lighter note, what do you want to do tomorrow?" She asked curiously.

A giggle escaped your lips. "I want to go shopping." You replied.

Bada's smile widened. "That sounds fun." She commented. "And what else?"

"We can also go to Villa del Prefetto." You suggested. "It's a park with beautiful gardens. Also, it has lots of spots for taking photos."

"I love your Italian accent." She confessed.

"Grazie." You thanked her playfully. "So, we go to the city center first and then head to the park?"

"Sounds like a plan. Let's meet at 2 PM, is that alright?" Bada said.

"Absolutely, and we could eat in the city center too." You commented, making a mental note about where you could eat tomorrow.

Bada checked the time on her phone and realized it was getting late. "I should head back to my room." She said with a smile. "It was great spending time with you."

You got up to open the door for her. "Thank you for taking care of me." You said sincerely.

Bada walked up to your door and gently placed her hand on your head, taking advantage of her height. "Good night, Y/N." She said, her voice softer than before.

"Night, Bada." You replied as you closed the door.