006 | a bittersweet symphony

You found yourselves amid the strawberry field, meticulously picking the ripest and reddest berries. Both your and Bada's baskets were nearly brimming with the fruit. Amidst the berry-picking, you chit-chatted and shared laughs.

Bada pulled her phone from the back pocket of her pants and requested that you take some pictures of her- so she could post them on her Instagram feed.

"One, two, three- cheese!" You said, snapping several photos and eagerly showing them to her. "How do these look? Should I take more?"

"I love them, but now it's my turn to take some pictures of you!" Bada stated, stepping back a few steps.

You struck poses and smiled, not used to full-body photos, but that day, you felt pretty and confident, and Bada helped you by guiding you through various poses.

"Could I get your number so I can send them to you?" Bada asked, handing her phone over to you.

You quickly typed your number and returned the phone to her- so she could send it to you.

"Wait, let's take a photo together!" Bada suggested, holding her phone high and playfully making you appear shorter in the photo. Together, you took several selfies.

You heard a soft ding from your phone, indicating that Bada had sent you a message. However, you decided to save it for later, wanting to enjoy this moment. You glanced at Bada and could not help but smile. She felt like a dear friend- you had a genuine desire to deepen your connection.

"What's on your mind, Y/N?" She asked.

"It's just that... I really want to be your friend." You admitted, your shyness evident in your voice. "But I'm not sure if you'd want that. I enjoy spending time with you."

"Of course!" Bada exclaimed, setting her basket aside and walking over to you. "Why would you even say that?" She asked, genuinely curious.

"I mean, I do have a few friends, but I wish I wasn't so shy." You confessed, your words stumbling as you avoided meeting Bada's gaze. "Sorry, I know it probably sounds silly to someone like you. I find it hard to open up to people."

"Oh, I don't know what you've been through, but I want you to know I'd never be mean to you." Bada reassured you, her voice gentle and soothing. "Let's make the most of our time here. I'm sure you've got some amazing plans, and I'm here to enjoy the trip, so we can explore together, okay?"

In a heartfelt moment of understanding and empathy, Bada placed her hand on your shoulder, applying a comforting squeeze, and offered a sweet smile.

"Thank you, Bada." You replied, your smile expressing your deep appreciation. "I really appreciate it."

Bada picked up her basket from the ground. "Don't mention it." She replied. "Let's grab a bag for our berries and have brunch. I'm starting to feel a bit hungry already."

"Same, I'm craving some strawberries, but we should wash them first." You said, making a sad face. "What would you like for brunch? I read some good reviews about a restaurant. It's nearby, and it serves excellent baked goods and coffee." As you spoke, you began heading toward the field's entrance, where you could return the basket for a bag to carry your berries.

"Oh my goodness, yes! I want a good cup of coffee." Bada exclaimed with enthusiasm.