Chapter 11- You Rise, Only To Fall

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. That's what we signed up for. The people of Sokovia didn't."

The tension in the tightly packed jet felt tangible. I sat next to Pietro, his rough hand held mine to the point were I thought it would break off but I didn't mind. Anyone could get hurt or killed. It wasn't fair and I hated that I had only just got Pietro and now there was a chance of him being taken away. Depressing, I know.

"So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. Find out what Ultrons been building, we find Romanoff, clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters, that we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about betting him ... it's about whether he's right."

-----------------------------------------

I closed my eyes tightly as Pietro raced though the city of Sokovia. Where it all started. We arrived in the hospital, where he proceeded to place me on the ground.

"We're under attack, flea the city now!"

He quickly ran out again staring me staring at the men behind the desk, waiting for them to remove their lazy arses. And not a moment a determined yet, sexy Pietro ran in holding a gun and started shooting. "Get off your arses." God, he's hot.

I was wandering through apartment buildings making sure there was no one that we missed. After about an hour of searching, I was satisfied and when to the main bridge where the civilians were fleeing the city. Steve was directing the cars out, his eyes were everywhere looking for an immediate threat. I jogged to meet up with him, hoping to calm him. He needed to be ready.

The plan was simple. Send in the one he wanted more than the rest, Tony. And then well .... wing it. Simple. So there I stood. Trying to save people, if worst can to wear I was happy dying that way and I know everyone else felt the same, it was in our nature. I watched as the people ran, not even in the right mind to chose what to take and what to leave.

And then the ground began to shake and crumble. The bridge grew holes and robots crawled and rose from the destroyed ground below. Soon the skies where infested. Wanda, Steve and I directed the people off the unsafe bridge to avoid any causalities. I fought along side Wanda who was holding off the advancing fire so that the civilians could get to safety. I used the palms of my hands to launch fireballs in there direction.

The shield she once held shattered under the robots weapons and she fell to the ground, fortunately I was there to replace it. Soon, cracks started to appear and form. They raced along the ground like water does when it rains and ran all around a section of the city. I watched as a man tried to leap across the gap only to fall to his death. The rest of the bridge collapsed taking with it any chance of the people escaping. And then the small piece of the world, started to rise.

Startled by the fact that we were floating in mid air, distracted me enough for a robot to catch me by surprise. The force knocked me into the side of a car that sat a good few feet away. Groaning, I lifted myself out of the destroyed vehicle and then out of sheer annoyance I crashed the life out of it. Catching my breath, I shook my head and continued fighting. I was surrounded by those annoying robots, huffing I got into position but thankfully Bruce or should I say, 'Hulk', crushed them under his weight. I sent him a smile and he returned it in a slightly creepy smirk before running off.