Chapter 6- Safe House

The lone plane flew above the clouds that filled the night sky. The avengers sat still coming to terms with todays events. Bruce was on the floor sweating with a thin blanket wrapped around him. I knew he was disappointed with himself, he was very sensitive with his ability.

I had a lot of time on my hands since I had nothing to keep me busy on the superhero filled plane. I took the opportunity to take a look at my team mates. They seemed troubled, like the were having an internal battle. Thor and Tony looked worse than any other person in the small plane. Like they'd seen death, like it was all their fault.

We decided after that we couldn't afford to go back to the Avengers tower. We were vulnerable there, so I decided to ask Clint where exactly we were going.

"Clint, where are we heading now?"

"A safe house." He said, peering at me. I swiftly nodded before taking a seat across from Natasha and Bruce, who had become very close over the pass months. It was weird to see my close friends battle with their feelings. Bruce moved away after a while to get his 'calming' music before settling down and closing his eyes.

The silence in the room was almost deafening. Everyone kept to themselves. Thor was fidgeting and Natasha seemed distracted. I asked her about it, she said it was nothing. I knew it was but I just let it go. I didn't like to see her struggle with herself but I knew she had to deal with whatever was wrong herself. Her inner battle.

Tony was having a conversation with Agent Hill, through the small screen. At that moment I couldn't take my mind at anything apart from what happened today with Ultron, Wanda and ... Pietro.

Just closing my eyes I drifted into a welcoming slumber. As the light streamed in the tightly packed plane, I was shaken awake by Clint.

"We're nearly there."

"Ok." I said, rubbing my eyes with the back on hand. The plane slowed down, hovering over an area surrounded with trees. It came to a gentle stop on the ground, giving everyone a signal to gather their things and get off the plane.

We all walked across a field approaching a nice but old looking farm house. Over to the right a dirty pick up was lazily parked to the side next to a shed that was falling apart but that didn't stop me from thinking it was beautiful. It was old but looked very homely as well. I could have seen myself living here a long time ago but now I just couldn't find myself in a marriage and kids in the near future.

Clint careful stepped up to a porch, that looked like it was a working process, holding Nat tightly like she was going to fall. He opened the large, freshly painted door and called out for someone.

"Honey, I'm home"

I assume the person was the beautiful, pregnant woman who appeared from behind a wall. Clint smiled, before placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

Tony said, slightly confused. "That's another agent."

"Guys," He said to us, "this is Laura."

"Well, I know who you guys are."

Suddenly two loud yells sounded, "Your back!" Two small children, a boy and girl, around 8 or 9 ran into the room straight into Clint's arms. HE lifted te little girl in the air and held the boy to his side. It was obvious that they were his family ... but not to Tony.

"They are smaller agents." I let out a laugh of his oblivious state.