Chapter 9- Just Another Day Saving The World

We were nearly ready to leave. Steve and Tony were putting plans together. I walked down the hall with Nick.

"I'll see you soon, okay?" He nodded his head giving me a gentle hug. He slipped into his coat and went to go find the Man of Iron and Cap. I grabbed the last of my things before heading to the plane we arrived in before.

We headed off into the night and it's wonders. Thor still hadn't returning and I was getting worried. He always told everyone when he was going to leave, it put my worry out like water to flame but he never this time.

We stopped off at NEXUS internet hub, Tony was trying to track down any internet footprints that Ultron may have left as well as impressing so students as well. Even in these times he always has his ego.

"Come and get me." He said to an invisible Ultron. I had no idea if the plan would work but I had hope.

---------------------------------------

We arrived where Ultron was uploading his conscience into his 'body'. I was in the jet next to Clint awaiting orders from Steve, he was the leader of our group of soldiers. Clint and I listened to Steve and Helen's conversation. She said something about the gem in the cradle and that we had to get it to Stark.

"You guys copy that?"

"We did."

"I got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest." I looked out the window, a large wagon caught my eye. Looking over at Clint, I saw he noticed it too. "That could be him."

"There. It's a truck from the lab." I pointed it out to Natasha. "Right above you Cap on the roundabout bridge. "It's them, there's three in the cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative. That truck crashes the gem could destroy the city." Steve concluded. "We need to draw out Ultron." I watched as Steve ran and jumped onto the wagons roof. The mans got some balls. Just as he was about to head in an explosion sent him clinging to the door for dear life. "Wow, someone's on their robot period." Steve was down on the second shot, landing on the door that scraped across the road.

"Well he's definitely unhappy." I laughed, "No shit."

"I'm gonna try an keep him that way."

"Your not a match for him, Cap."

"Thanks, Barton."

The truck raced along the highway. Ultron came right up to where the doors used to be and blasted Steve onto a car window shield. Clint directed the jet under a building shaped like a tunnel attracting the attention of the public.

"You always have to make an entrance."

"You love it."

We skidded through the city coming up to where Steve was battling to stay on a green truck. We stung onto the wagon containing Ultron and his body. Ultron flew out facing Cap. Through the speakers we heard, "You know what's in that cradle," Ultron said before shooting at Steve," the power of real change and that terrifies you."

Steve shook his head," I wouldn't call it a comfort." He returned, removing his shield from his back and throwing it towards Ultron. I let out a silent cheer when it hit him. But it was short lived when he took it out of his chest and threw it on the road. As they continued to battle me and Natasha walked to the middle of the jet. She pressed a few buttons, looking down to the ground she mounted the motorcycle. I quickly tossed myself onto the back of it.

"We have a window in three, two, give them hell."

We dropped into the traffic below, Natasha avoided the traffic by skidding and sliding across the tarmac.

"Are we always picking after you boys?" She asked, rhetorically as I bend and picked up Steve's shield.

"They are heading over the overpass I have no shot." Clint spoke threw my earpiece. "Which way?"

"On your right now." She took a sharp turn which made me grip her waist tight. "Sorry!" The motorcycle flew over a bump which led us into a foreign market. We took small side streets before reaching the main road. We managed to get over to the left side by narrowly skidding through the wheels on the truck. I chucked the shield to Steve, which thank god he caught. He slammed it down on the nasty piece on work.

Ultron blasted the road in front of Natasha and myself making Nat sharply break. "Oh god, I'm gonna be sick." I mumbled. Natasha didn't waist anytime turning around heading back on the road.

Two of Ulton's minions shot at us, causing Nat to retreat to a public pathway bridge. "Coming through!"

"Sorry!"

"Clint can you draw out the guards."

"Let's find out."

People were getting in the way so I shouted, "BEEP! BEEP!"

"Natasha get close to the train."

"Okay good luck, Aurora!"

I carefully stood up on the bike and as soon as Nat got to the edge I jumped, I rolled a couple of times before regaining myself. I dragged myself along to the area where Ultron blasted a hole and jumped threw. "I'm going in." Nat said, "Keep him occupied."

I could almost feel the eye roll Steve, "What do you think he's been doing?" I shouted. I started fighting Ultron with Steve. He was about to smack me in the face, when he flew off me. A barrier formed with red wisps controlling them. I looked and saw Pietro and Wanda, I sent Pietro a shy smile as he helped me up.

"Please, don't do this." Ultron pleaded.

"What choice do we have?" Wanda said, desperately. Ultron looked back before sending a blast over to where we were. Pietro saw it coming grabbed Wanda and myself. I was mentally swaying but reminded myself this was simply not the time. Ultron flew outside the train after wrecking the front by sending a explosion that set glass flying.

The crash killed the driver immediately. The train wasn't going to stop in time, I thought, as I clung to Pietro's shirt.

"Are you okay?" I nodded. The moment was short lived when the train went off track, breaking and crashing into all sorts of things. "Hold on!"

My earpiece had been lost but I heard Steve shouting at Clint. He walked up to us, "Get the civilians out our path." And with that Pietro was gone.

"Can you stop this thing?" He asked Wanda. Before she could answer the train went threw a brick or stone wall. The rubble was everywhere. I flew back my head hitting a seat. I tried to protect myself but something pierced the back of my head. I saw Wanda trying to stop the train, I held on tight. It slowly stopped and as it did I let out a sigh of relief. I tried to stand but my legs were like jelly. Everything hurt. Steve came up and helped me.

"It's okay just give me a minute." I dropped off the train and walked to where Pietro and Wanda were. "Are you okay?" I asked them both. "We are fine." Wanda said, smiling gratefully. I sent a smile back. "Pietro just needs a minute." I looked at him, he was out of breath holding his side. Cap walked over to us. "I'm very tempted not to give you any."

Why can't men just except help?

"The cradle did you get it?"

"Stark, will take care of it."

Wanda shook her head, "No he won't." Pietro sat up looking over at Steve. "You don't know what your talking about. Your crazy."

"He will do anything to make things right." I realised that by anything she meant continuing. I sent a glance telling Steve she was right. "Stark come in."

I could tell this was hurting Wanda so I wrapped my arms around and gave her a tight hug. I whispered, "It's going to be ok."

"Stark?" Steve looked down, "Anyone on com?"

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it, where do you think he gets that from?"