Chapter 1.♥

"You're still mad at me Lexus?" Kirk walked up behind me, his arms around my waist. I just sucked my teeth.

"Get off me bruh."

"I don't know what I did yo!" He said, backing away. My head turned like the exorcist. "Come on, just tell me!" I could feel my face getting hot with anger.

"Why you gotta flirt with so many girls?"

"Why does it matter to you who I flirt with? You gotta man, and that man ain't even me!" I rolled my eyes. "I don't get you sometimes. You say you got my back, but you turn around and get mad at me over stupid shit. It's just dumb." He shrugged. "Forget you, I'm going out for a little while." He grabbed his sweater off the top of the couch.

"Come on, don't go!" I ran to him, tugging his arm.

"I need some time to myself." He pushed me off him and slammed the door. My back slid down the door, I sat there in a daze. I hated arguing with him. Kirk is my best friend, and I really can't say that about anyone else. I've know him pretty much my whole life.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took a deep breath before I picked it up. I didn't bother to see who it was.

"Hey baby girl." Devon said.

"Hey." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes, my eye makeup smudging.

"You okay? You don't sound-"

"I'm fine."

"Is it still cool if I come over tonight?"

"Yeah, I could use the company."

"Is Kirk gonna be home?"

"Maybe, you never know with him." I stood up and walked to my room, taking out an outfit for later.

"Alright. Well I'll see you later babe, love you."

"Love you too, bye." I plugged in my iPod to my speakers, blasting my Pusha T playlist. "What to wear, what to wear."

"We need to talk!" I heard the door slam. He wasn't gone long, maybe 25 minutes. I laid on my bed.

"About...?" He flashed me a dirty look.

"This. Us. Where we at?" I raised an eyebrow. "We're friends, roommates. Why do I feel like we've become so distant? Is it me? Honestly..."

"No it's not you. It's most likely me." I shrugged one shoulder.

"Are you and Devon fighting?" I shook my head no. "Then why we have been arguing? I don't get this."

"You deserve better than these hoes man. I don't get how having sex with all these girls is cool, what if one day you sleep with the wrong girl? OOPS!! A nigga got aids. You gotta be careful bruh." He chuckled, then rolled his eyes.

"That's what this is all about?"

"Yeah." I lied. "I'm just looking out for you. What are friends for?"

"You sounded jealous."

"Shoot boo, any women lucky to get with you, have you looked in the mirror lately?" I laughed. "Come on, I got a man, why would I be jealous? I finally found a guy that respect me and loves me for me. Why would I be jealous of your hoes?"

"Sheesh." He turned his back to me starting to walk out of my room. "You're such a bad liar."

***

After a long hot shower, I slipped into something sexy. Lingerie to be exact. All black, against my light brown skin. I had a pair of red bottoms that Kirk bought me a few months back. I put those on to complete my outfit. I threw on a silk robe to cover up. Devon will be here any minute.

I walked into the kitchen to get a bottle of water, and the bottle of wine I had bought. I looked out in the living room and saw Kirk laying on the couch.

"What are you doing home on a Friday night?" I asked. His eyes were fixed on the TV, i nudged him.

"I don't have plans, i don't wanna go out." he shrugged his shoulder, "Is that okay?" he had an attitude.

"Well, its fine. I'm just having company over."

"It's funny how you call your boyfriend company." he scoffed "so funny.."

"Why you gotta cop an attitude?"

"Why you gotta deny it?" he looked over at me, a dirty look on his face. "What do you want?"

"excuse me?" i snapped

"Do you really wanna be with Devon?" i just stared at him. "why are you with him?!" he sat up. "Come on girl, be real with me. All you do is fight, ya'll never even go out in public together, what kinda relationship is that? Shit, i don't get you two! I feel like you don't love him the way yo say you do. Why? Forreal, be one hunna with me right now."

"I love him, okay, just not more than a friend."

"Then-"

"Because Kirk, I'm tired of being so damn lonely. You're never home, always on the road, all my friends are back home! He's all i got besides you." He stood up, we were face to face.

"Go home then." he said with a strait face. "Go back to Texas Lexus. I can do this on my own." he threw his hands up. "I brought you with me for support, lately i haven't got any of that. Leave then." a lone tear fell from my eye.

"I'm not leaving you." i said softly, he started to walk away. "I'm not leaving." i said louder.

"Why not? You're so unhappy here."

"because.." i sighed. "i love you." he stopped in his tracks. his back still to me. "you know i do, id never leave." he turned to face me, walked up to me, and took my hand.

"You're my best friend, i don't really want you to leave, but you know what you have to do." a knock came from the door. he shot me a look. "i don't care if its tonight, tomorrow, or next week, but soon. He's not right for you." my heart pounded inside my chest.

"you're right kirk." he patted my shoulder, walking to his room. I went and opened to door, Devon smiled. "Hey." i faked a smile back.

"How you doin babe? Is Kirk home?" i nodded yes, wiping my eyes. "You okay?"

"Yeaaa, I'm fine." i lied.

"So damn emotional." i just gave him a dirty look. "Its him isn't it?"

"What do you mean him?" i stopped, he sat down on the couch.

"ah, forget it." Kirk walked out of his room with a dirty plate, putting it in the sink. Devon turned to see him "Wassup man." He just gave Devon a nod. "Man, both y'all are moody."

"If you cant handle our emotions i think your unemotional ass should leave" I smiled, my arms folded across my chest. he laughed, shaking his head.

"You're too much." he stood up, and bumped into me on his way to the door. "don't expect a call later." he said.

"Don't expect to hear my voice in a while." he slammed the door.

Kirk had disappeared back into his room, as i made my way to my room, i peeked into his, he was laying on his bed watching a movie, eating popcorn.

"Mind if i watch with you." i smiled sweetly when he turned his head. he motioned me into his room. I undid my robe, laying my body next to his. Honestly, i wanted to lay down with him and just relax, we haven't done anything like this in a while, it felt nice.

"Nice lingerie." He winked, my face turning a little pink. He smiled, looking back at his TV. "I really hope you end it with him." he said, shoving a handful of popcorn into his mouth, he was always kind of a messy eater.

"I will, don't worry." he smiled, his eyes still on the TV.

"good." he looked at me out of the corner of his eye, still smiling.

* vote and comment please !! *

thank youuu!!! ♥

( the photo of the girl off to the side is me "Lexus" )

:)