Season 2: Follies at the Coven Day Parade

[Cut to the inside of the Owl House where Luz (in her Hexside uniform) is recording another video.]

Luz: ¡Hola, Mamá! I know you don't want me staying in the Demon Realm, but I'm recording this because I think we can find a middle ground. This is a world of magic and beauty. [Points outside.] Just look!

[Outside the Owl House, a skinless, skeletal Hooty is hanging up his skin to dry. The camera zooms in on his face. Hooty growls at the camera, while Luz screams and stops recording.

(I'll spare you the sight of seeing the monstrosity)

[Cut to Luz recording herself outside in Bonesborough with Y/n with her.]

Luz: Well you should know, I'm even learning magic! [Activates a light glyph.] And as a human, it impresses pretty much everyone.

Y/n: It impresses me as well.

Luz: Oh! And mom, look how cool Y/n's mask and sword are! He's trying his absolute best in becoming a great swordsman!

Y/n: Come on Luz, this mask is just a regular old mask, I could've easily made it back home either way. [He walks along side her.]

Luz: But still looks cool though! 

[Cut to Hexside.]

Luz: [Chuckles nervously.] Sure, the Demon Realm can be a little... [Winces.] But, there's no safer place than right by Y/n's side AND Hexside School of Magic and Demonics, right, Principal Bump?

Principal Bump: [Petting Frewin's tail.] Hmm? [Clears throat.] Why yes. The well-being of our students is our top priority. Which is why we send all out troublemakers to our new and improved detention pit. 

[Camera pans to the entrance to the detention pit. A Hexside guard is dragging a student into the pit and tossed in. The door slams shut. The guard growls while Bump gives a thumbs up.]

Y/n: ...That's enough of that. [He covers the lens with his hand.]

[Cut to later outside the school building. Luz, Y/n, Gus and Willow are sitting on the staircase. Y/n has removed his mask.]

Gus: You know, I think he does it cause he's shy. He's just evil and shy. It happens.

Willow: I heard there's just a mirror underneath. [Whispers.] The real emperor was society all along.

Gus: Maybe he's so handsome people have a hard time focusing on what he says. I get it. I can relate.

Y/n: What the fuck are you two talking about?

Gus: Oh nothing, just wondering what the emperor would look like underneath the mask [He looks to Luz, who's playing back her video on her phone, forlorn.] Luz! [Luz gets startled and hides her phone behind her back.] You and Y/n have seen Belos up close. What's he like under... [Gestures to face.] all that?

Luz: Oh. I never got a good look. But maybe Y/n has seen what's underneath?

Y/n: Well even though I was face to face with him, He never really showed anything behind the mask so...

[Amity suddenly appears out of nowhere beside Luz.]

Amity: I heard he's scarred from wild magic.

[Luz cries out in surprise and falls to the side as Y/n chuckles.]

Luz: [Gasps.] Amity!

Y/n: Hey Ami.

Amity: Hola, batata. [Helps Luz up.] Hello to you too Y/n!

Luz: Did you just call me a sweet potato?