Burgers and Surprises

Start from the beginning

"Told you I'd see you around."

My breath catches in my throat as I turn around to face Zenith. I have to tilt my head back a ways so I can look up into his eyes. His chin length wavy brown hair frames his face.

"Hey," I play with the starfish necklace on my neck, "What are you doing here?"

"Thought I'd get something to eat," he smiles his beautiful, perfect white toothed smile. "You?"

"Thought I'd do the same." I rock back on my heels.

"Looks like you're up?" Zenith says.

"Huh?" I look at him confused.

"Your turn to order." He points behind me with an amused grin on his face.

"Oh, right." I turn away from him, rolling my eyes at myself. Why does he make me so nervous.

"What can I get for you?"

"I'll take a number 1 with a medium lemonade and a medium fry."

"And will that be all for you today?"

"Yes, thank you."

I pay for my meal.

"Here's your number."

I take my number and stand over to the side while Zenith steps up to order.

"I'll take exactly what the lovely lady before me ordered."

I can feel myself blushing, so I look away, pretending like I didn't hear what just got said.

"And here's your number, sir." The cashier gives Zenith a flirtatious smile. I find myself feeling a hint of jealousy.

"You here alone?" Zenith asks, stepping up to me.

"No, my brother and his friends are over there."

He looks in the direction I just inclined my head towards.

"Well, don't they all look cozy."

"Yeah, don't they." I say.

"You're okay with other girls sitting next to your boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" I ask, confused. "You mean Jacob? No, he's not my boyfriend. We just met today."

Zenith taps his chin.

"Was that your way of finding out if I'm single?"

He just shrugs, a playful grin on his face.

"Number 18!"

I walk up and get my food.

"Number 19."

Now Zenith is beside me getting his. He turns to me, looking down into my eyes.

"You wanna get out of here?"

The shocked look on my face brings a big smile to Zenith's.

"C'mon." He tilts his head towards the door, and I find myself following him out into the parking lot and to a black jeep that has no roof.

He walks around and opens the passenger door for me.

"Thank you."

"Mhm." He nods.

I climb inside, then shoot Xavier a text telling him I'm leaving with our next-door neighbor.

X- Like hell u r Rey, get ur ass back here now!

R- I'll be fine, just cover for me!

X- Istg Rey

R- PLS ZAY!