In some ways Jane felt that she and Cassie were alike. For starters they both had seemingly crazy mothers who were hated by pretty much anybody who knew them. Jane didn't think she'd ever mentioned Clare to Cassie, but for some reason she had a feeling that her roommate knew all about her psychopathic biological mother.

"Well aren't you going to ask what he did for me?" Cassie teased with a sly smile on her face, attention back to Jane.

"No," Jane answered honestly, "I have a feeling you won't tell me, so I won't bother asking. Plus, I think it's your turn to ask me a question anyway."

Cassie sighed and rubbed her wrists against the chains, "Is Clare really your mother?"

"Unfortunately," Jane smiled sadly.

Cassie flipped her hair again as she simply stated, "Don't worry. I get it. You love her, but you hate her. You wish she was dead, but at the same time you wish she wasn't."

She hated talking about her mother, her real mother. She was never sure if she should hate the monster that she was, or love the woman who had raised her and brought her into this world for those first few years. It was hard to handle, but Cassie understood this, it was good to hear after all this time that there was someone who truly knew what she was going through.

Jane sighed, "Yeah."

"Okay next question, I actually kind of like this game." Cassie admitted with a careless shrug.

"How old are you actually? Tony fessed up and told me he was old enough to be my grandpa."

"Let's just say I'm old enough to be you're grandmas-grandma. Eternal youth is one of the perks of being a witch," Cassie grinned, "So... you and the Alpha, huh?"

Jane could feel her face heating up in embarrassment and she quickly averted her gaze as she mumbled a string of incoherent words. She had made a stuttering mess of herself by the time the door swung open and Tony stumbled in with armfuls of objects Jane frowned at it.

"You've got everything?" Cassie probed Tony who set down all the things he'd acquired on Cassie's bed, looking over everything as he snorted, "Of course I have."

Standing, the chains on her wrists, rattled and chimed as she made her way over to the bed calling out items that Jane had never heard of, half of the words Jane was pretty sure weren't even in English.

And just as the cousins were loading their weird items into a duffel bag, her apartment door swung open for the second time and low and behold it was the man she'd just been blushing and stuttering over.

Her mate.

He looked as though he'd literally just jumped out of the shower and came straight over. His clean, addictive scent hit her like a ton of bricks and she found herself grabbing tightly to the pillow on her lap to keep herself from running over to him.

Kissing him the other night had really made her situation a thousand times worse. Now that she knew how good he tasted and how warm and addictive he was... if he wasn't hell bent on ignoring her she would definitely be doing something else other than sitting and staring at him.

Clearing his throat, Levi broke his eye contact with Jane addressing the witches as he asked, "You two ready?"

Two... he couldn't have made her feel more invisible.

The tell-tale sign of the bag being zipped as Cassie responded with a simple, "Yes."

She sounded like she was about to be excecutated, and for all Jane knew, maybe she was.