UNWANTED GUEST

JANUARY 2000 : AFTER THE INCIDENT

Audrey and the girls were gathered in their usual booth at the PinBall Pizza (a booth their future kids would occupy too).

All of them sort of zoning out into space , this was supposed to be the beginning of the new year - their final year as high school students. Instead , the new year kicked off with a death as they all visualized Angela's broken body lying in a pool of her own blood. Audrey shivered at the cold memory.

Sidney finally broke the silence , " She asked me to help ," she turned to Audrey , "she asked both of us to help her ...and we didn't. We all ignored her."

Audrey formed her hand into a fist , she of all people liked to ignore Angela's existence most but she hadn't thought Davie's plan would make the girl do something so drastic.

"What Angela did wasn't your fault." Davie said maintaining her composure , " This isn't on us. Angela was a messed up girl."

Audrey scoffed and turned to Davie , "no shit thanks to us."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Audrey ignored Marjorie's plea not to argue with Davie , " Angela only did what she did because of your precious plan Davie. In the end , it's all on us."

Elodie , Sidney , Marjorie and Corey looked between the two as Davie huffed ,Audrey was the only one among them who would ever talk back to Davie.

"Are you suddenly vouching for Angela?" Davie snarked , "you of all people were more than willing to agree to this plan."

Audrey rolled her eyes , "I'll admit I never liked Angela , but I never pretended to like her or treat her as a friend the way you all did , especially you Davie ," she looked at all of them especially the Queen Bee not backing down , "but regardless of how I didn't like her , doesn't mean I don't give a fuck what just happened. The girl looked like she crawled through the woods and yet we still ignored her. Deny it Davie , say you don't feel even an ounce of gulit because at the end of the day , Angela took her life because of us."

The blonde didn't say anything as she looked away from Audrey. An uncomfortable slience fell amongst the six popular girls of Millwood. Audrey wasn't exactly a good person , heck she wasn't the type to help an old lady cross the street , but she felt like such a horrible human being. Angela asked for her help and she ignored it despite seeing she was in clear distress and for what?

If Daniel was in her position , he wouldn't have thought twice before helping her , what would he think of her now? He said she had goodness in her but what she did tonight just proved how wrong he was.

She felt Marjorie's hand interlocking with her fingers and Audrey squeezed back knowing her best friend was just as shaken.

Elodie spoke up , " Everyone.. just left. Nobody even checked to see if she was ok."

"She wasn't ok," Corey said , "and what were we supposed to do?"

Marjorie looked at Audrey and then the others , "shouldn't we atleast call an ambulance?"

"No." Davie said firmy but then spoke with a shaky voice , "like I said before , what Angela did isn't on us."

Audrey would have retorted but was too emotionally drained to say anything back. She would have to call the emergency line as some annoymous tip , it was the least she could do for Angela , it's what Daniel would do.