THE LIARS GATHER

AUGUST 1999 , FOUR MONTHS BEFORE THE INCIDENT

              "Hi there Audrey." A voice called out to her and Audrey immediately scowled once she found out the guy was sitting in the booth next to her.

            "Are you stalking me now Daniel? What the fuck?!" She wanted to evaporate there and then.

               Daniel raised his hands in surrender , "Millwood is a small town , how was I supposed to know I would bump into you?" He gestured to the PinBall Pizza,"especially here of all places."

                "Shouldn't you be in your  freaking town of  Rosewood ?" She snarled ignoring his cheeky grin and handsome brown chocolate eyes , "what the hell are you doing here?"

             "Relax will you?" Daniel grinned at her trying to hold her hand which she quickly retracted , "I'm here for an academic competition, there is a place here being hosted in Millwood for all interstates schools participating. I just happen to be one of them."

                  "I guess that plausible," She murmured ignoring his smile and the cute freckles which made him stand out , "when you leaving?." She plastered with a smirk.

                 Daniel frowned , "don't be that way Audrey. You and I had fun back in Rosewood remember? I thought we had a connection."

                Audrey snorted , "slow down buster. We made out at a party , I wouldn't call it a connection."

                     "We had sex ," Daniel deadpanned , Audrey resisted the urge to groan , she wanted that particular detail shoved in the very back of her mind.

                "Drunk sex," Audrey clarified , "hot drunk sex," she added and then decided to ignore his cheeky grin - why the heck was he so cute , "but that's it. We agreed it was a one night stand . Yet you're the one who started ringing me. Just how did you get my number?"

                    "One of your friends that night gave it to me."

               "Of course." She muttered , a few months earlier ; Davie and Corey dragged her to some party in Rosewood that a mutual friend of the two was throwing. The girls were cool , Sidney and especially Marjorie were the friends Audrey was closet with , Davie had her good and bad days and when she tugged her to the party it was on the better days.

                It was a lit party and that's where she and Daniel had hooked up , he agreed to her condition the next morning they wouldn't seek each other out since it was a one night stand but the cocky (cute) bastard was obstinate in keeping in touch.

                "So you're saying , you don't feel the connection we made when we made love that night?"

                    Audrey bit the inside of her cheek as her brain replayed the memories , she shivered at how he said it so huskily . She could remember how his touched traveled around her body.

                "Last time ," She stomped the need to blush and glared at him while he stared at her like a smitten kitten and whispered softly  , "it was a one night stand.  We didn't make a fucking connection."

                 Before he could reply , Marjorie took a seat next to Audrey , "Hey Audrey, whose your cute  friend?" She asked while wiggling brow.

          "He's not a friend or anything," Audrey sent him a glare directing him to shut up , "and he was just leaving."

            Getting the message , Daniel got up but not before smiling ," I'm in town for a while , trust my words Audrey , you and I made a connection and one day ," his smile brightened , "I'll work myself into your cold heart and I'll become the guy you let through your window one day."