Resistance & Delactation

**time marches on, hormones are raging, here is your steamy scenes warning**

Y/N POV

Thin bedding, terrible pillows, familiar ceiling.. I'm back in the Hospital Wing? I stared at nothing in particular past the wooden beams of the ceiling above me, recalling what had happened in the Great Hall shortly after Sebastian's name emerged from the Goblet of Fire.

"I am now the property of Nathairin Gaunt."

The cheering echoed on while the ethereal red shackles slowly became heavier and heavier hung on my wrist as if to weigh me down in place. I could feel the concerned hands of my friends tugging at me from different directions, their voices muted by the celebration and the numbness that was spreading through my mind. Their voices became more muffled as their panic increased from my lack of response to their callings, until eventually all that remained was a flat noise slicing between my ears. I rocked my wrists back and forth, cringing at the faint spectral sound of chains clanking.

I failed. I failed Ominis, I failed myself, I failed.. us. All this time I had spent in a sort of apathy of the tournament, snubbing my nose up at it's seriousness, it's significance. In comparison to the trials and battles of last year it seemed like such an... annoying thing I had to do just because someone had bound me in a promise to do so - I never thought that deep down.. did I actually want to do it? Is this why the rejection made by an old, sentient inanimate object was almost as painful as the realization that I my future was now in the hands of Ominis' tyrannical father?

No, it isn't going to end this way.

I closed my eyes and reached deep into my core, searching for a spark. It was there, small and flickering a light silvery blue. I commanded it to grow, to fuel itself off my shame of not being chosen, off the rising despair of being imprisoned yet again - if these chains remained I would lose my life at Hogwarts, lose Aesop, lose Ominis and everyone else I loved.

"Is.. is she in shock?" Ominis' voice was faint beside me.

"I do not think so, she looks to be in serious pain. Y/N..?" Natsai floating somewhere on the other.

"Y/N, please talk to us?.. Maybe you should carry her back to Madam Blainey, Thomas.." Poppy at my feet, reaching up for my response.

"Yeah, that's a good idea.." Thomas's body looming above me, ".. Y/N? I'm going to pick you up again, alright?"

The spark flared into two small flames within my palm, almost making me tear up at the sight of them dancing at my command. Thin silvery tendrils snaked from them, weaving between the gaps of my fingers and draping down to my wrists. I could feel them wedge in between the chains, wrapping around the loops over and over like tiny vines until the red color was nearly covered by their presence.

Break..

The wisps of Ancient Magic flared again for a brief second under the command.. Break..Break.

I felt the feeding surge of magic shoot through my body and exit through my palms, igniting the tendrils into a white flame that sizzled against the ethereal chains, the friction of both magics starting to burn at my wrists. I concentrated hard on the flow of energy, beckoning more and more power into the streams, the feeling of a thousand sewing needles being driven up my arm threatening to crack through my focus but I held on with everything I had.