Summertime Sadness, Part II

Y/N POV

I awoke in my dorm room buried under piles of blankets and stuffed animals of magical creatures - many with brightly colored bows and gift tags attached. As my eyes became more into focus I noticed the vast amounts of flower bouquets and gift boxes strewn about the room, covering my desk as well as my roommates - one of whom was sitting in a chair next to me, dozing soundly.

"Sam-Samantha, wake up..." I yawned, reaching out and touching her knee. Samantha Dale popped out of her slumber with a jump, grabbing my hand tightly with a joyous shout.

"Y/N!! Great Golden Gobstones, it's been days! How are you feeling? Do you need water?" Samantha scrambled about the room, looking for the carafe of water and a glass hidden among the numerous packages. "Blast, where is it - Oh, I bet you're starving too! Some of these gift bags are from Honeydukes and Zonkos, there's bound to be some decent snacks in there. Nurse Blainey said to make sure you had plenty of fluids and ate small meals - oh and to let her know the moment you woke up - OH! I need to go get the Nurse!"

"Samantha, slow down a second. What do you mean it's been days? And where did all these flowers and packages come from?" I sat up in my bed, toppling over a mountain of soft toys. "Really, what is the meaning of all this?"

Samantha sat down on the edge of my bed, checking my forehead with a smile. "Well after your amazing scores got announced you got really sick - potion overdose - do you remember that?"

The memory made me nauseous as I nodded and she continued. "You were sent back here to rest and that's it - you've been asleep and barely responsive for the past four days. Me an' the girls have been taking turns watching over you, feeding you your tonics. At first it was just students sending the gifts and flowers but then the word spread out to some of the hamlets and well all of this started pouring in. Oh, and owls galore!" She exclaimed, pulling a basket of letters out from under my bed.

"I spotted these ones and put it at the top for you." She winked, handing me a pair of envelopes, one sealed with black wax in the shape of a diamond with an 'S' in the center - Sebastian.. - the other the same seal only in a beautiful mint green - Anne... I tucked both letters under my pillow for the time being.

"Thank you for all of that Samantha. I'm sorry I worried everyone - not sure I'll ever drink a potion again to be quite honest with you. Well, at least not one of Garreth Weasley's potions." We laughed together. "Ugh, I need a long, incredibly hot bath with lots of soap."

=====
Nurse Blainey visited my dorm room and gave her full examination. "Let this be a lesson for you in proper use of potions in the future Miss. You're quite lucky - one more day and we would have sent you to London. Anyhow - lots of fluids, eat slowly, and do go outside for some fresh air and sun."

"Yes Nurse Blainey, thank you ma'am." I shuddered slightly at the thought of being sent to St. Mungo's, more so with the Sallows there at the moment. Once I was alone I gathered my toiletries and headed for the girls bathing room.

I laid back in the giant pool of heavenly hot water, closing my eyes and trying to retrace my movements from the moment Sebastian was reading my test scores to now. Remembering the pain was easy, but there were large patches of blackness in my memory of events. I remembered being sick in the dining hall, waking up in the hospital wing with.. Lucan, but suddenly he was screaming? I was then deeper in my dreams being carried some where; some where heavy with the scent of dirt and leaves and strong alcohol, and I felt cold. Hands grabbed at my body from every angle, pulling me deep into thick black water and I tried to fight against it but my body was lifeless - begging me to just let go. The black water then gave way to soft sand and soothing ocean waves - the smell of sea spray and flowers and the feeling of being wrapped in a freshly washed blanket, still warm from drying in the sun.