Summertime Sadness, Part IX

Y/N POV

We spent the last hour to London mostly in silence. Ominis had taken to watching the world go by through the window with little gasps and smiles as the train raced through small patches of countryside and villages. I smiled quietly at his delight despite the toiling of emotions going on between us. He had promised to tell Sebastian about us just after dinner with the Sallows tonight, giving me warm flutters of hope for our story after all. On the other hand, I was worried about Sebastian's honey-coated tongue manipulating Ominis into some how ending our relationship for good in his pointless pursuit of me or worse - that Ominis would let his fear of life without Sebastian keep him from saying anything at all.

My own bouts of excitement hit as we crossed the bridge into London proper and the skyline of home pierced the summer sky. I caught myself shedding a light rain of tears at the sight, missing home way more than I thought I had. As the Hogwarts Express began to slow down on it's approach to King's Cross Station I reached above me for the satchel I had carried on containing my change of clothes and the beautiful make-up kit Ominis had purchased for me. I pulled out a long royal blue satin skirt set with layers of ruffles all the way to the floor, shaking it out a bit with a loud shuffle of it's heavy fabric and laid it across my seat. Next was a rather stunning outer bodice - also royal blue with a thick layer of black lace over top of it. The neckline would plunge in a V  just slightly past my breasts, brought together by the front fastening line of satin ribbon all the way down to my waistline where the material flared out a bit over my hips. It's sleeves went to my elbows where the cuffs were kept in place by big, fluffy bows. I gave it a big shake and also laid it out, examining it all put together.

Hmm, perhaps shoving it into a bag wasn't the best idea, but it will do.

"Ah, Ominis, are you still able to see?" I asked him, catching his dumbfounded gaze already locked onto me. Ever since the introduction of the Shadowsight Potion I had been taking into consideration his tastes in my outfits and being a little more choosy with what I wore. I knew he couldn't see the colors, but he clearly fancied me in form-fitting satin and lace. "I'm going to take that as a yes. Would you.. turn around so I may change?"

"Of course, my love. I should do the same." Ominis reached into the satchel that carried Scytallia onto the train and pulled out his own fresh ensemble, that somehow looked more pristine than mine. He clearly knew something about magically packing away clothes that I didn't. He appeared to have brought a very fine tuxedo - black and grey pinstriped trousers with a black silk vest and a perfectly waist cut black dinner jacket with very pointed long tails in the back. Lastly he set out a small grey wooden box that I knew to contain his cuff links and family crest pin that he often used on a familiar green ascot. I was fairly certain I was starting to fantasize a little at the thought of him this evening.

He turned away from me and I from him, setting us back to back as we both undressed. I focused on changing my stockings, fastening them in place with my garter and slipping on the heavy skirt as quickly as possible within the confined space. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ominis' old shirt fall against the seat and slide to the floor and I couldn't resist looking over my shoulder for a peek.

Sometime over the summer I completely missed the maturing of his body. Seeing his silhouette against the covered window of the compartment took my breath away. He had become taller by a couple inches, his shoulders more broad and his arms a bit thicker. I became completely hypnotized when he stretched his arms high above his head and I watched a waterfall of muscles I didn't know he had flex all the way down to the waistline of his trousers. Alongside the beautiful vision however were the countless amount of old scars ranging from large stripes to small gashes that riddled over the mounds of his back - reminding me of the traumas he told me of before. I wanted so badly to come up and kiss every single one until they completely faded away.