And The Snakes Start to Sing (Part I)

=========
Y/N POV

Y/N..of one body and mind.
Of one body and mind.. Alvira..?

"Y/N? Y/N wake up!" I fluttered awake, yawning and wide-eyed in an instant at the sound of Samantha Dale hovering over my bed and poking at my ribs. "Unless you plan on skipping breakfast on purpose, but I heard there's going to be scones with potted cream and bacon this morning - your favorites!"

Smooth linen sheets, overstuffed pillows, a thick heavy duvet - canopy bed with royal blue curtains and an over abundance of early morning sunshine pouring into mottled glass windows.. I'm in my dorm room, in my bed, but when did this happen?

"Good morning, Sam." I smiled with another yawn and a stretch as I sat up in bed. There wasn't a single ache or sluggish feeling in my body, in fact I felt  well rested and relaxed with an all calming aura that radiated from the back of my head - surprising things considering the previous night.

I didn't imagine it, did I? Alvira's painting in her secret room and dreaming those strange memories of hers - did she bring me back here after revealing what she wanted me to see?

"Mmmmm!"I stretched high again, "it actually feels so good to wake up at Hogwarts. You wouldn't happen to remember when I went to bed, would you? I can't seem to recall falling asleep.." I asked her.

"Hmm, not exactly.. you snuck in a bit late, Zenny and I were already sleeping ourselves." Samantha sat on the edge of the bed and leaned in close with a mischievous smile. "Sooo - who did you spend your evening with? Was it Garreth or Sebastian? You know you can tell me and I won't say word to anyone, not even Poppy! No judgements either - nothing wrong with having a little bit of fun while we're still young!" She began to giggle softly as my jaw dropped at her strange question.

"I beg your pardon, Samantha what in Merlin are you on about?"

"Oh please, don't be like that!" She took ticklish jabs at my sides that I fended off easily, shaking my head at her in confusion. "You came in well past curfew and you were singing to yourself! Uniform gone and wearing a shirt that judging by it's huge size and musky smell belongs to a boy - and if I were to further dissect, I would say it's too large and not finely enough made to belong to Ominis.. so! Garreth or Sebastian?"

I threw the layers of blankets from my person to reveal the shirt that was being brought under fire. It was certainly a crisp button down shirt belonging to a boy's school uniform that hung very loosely from my body and I guessed if I stood up it would fall well past my hips. I dipped my head down towards my chest, taking a deep inhale of the lingering scent Samantha was talking about. The smell of a thunderstorm coming off the ocean, wet flowers and a deep earthy musk.. heat rose from the base of my neck and washed over my face, triggering another wave of excited giggles from Samantha.

"Sebastian..." I carelessly whispered, and Samantha had to clasp her mouth shut to keep from squealing too loud. But how and when... what did we do!?

"I KNEW IT!" She said with her hand still muffling her mouth.

"Samantha, please.. It's not exactly what you think!" I said.. hopefully.

"I knew you weren't quite finished with Sebastian! You can just see it all over your face whenever you're around him!" Her hands now clasped over mine, squeezing with excitement. "Poppy said you were harboring secret feelings for Garreth but I didn't believe that for a second! I mean, Garreth is adorable, don't get me wrong but Sallow..!"

I sighed at Samantha's eyes glazing over as she let her thoughts wander into whatever hidden crushes she harbored for Sebastian ran wild. My own thoughts were hard at work trying to find any recollection of what happened last night beyond the encounter with Alvira that sent me into that haunting dream-state.