Chapter 37

I didn't expect a massive downpour coming out of the school on what was supposed to be a sunny October afternoon. Leaving my umbrella at home, I looked out at the sheet of rain and immediately regretted straightening my hair.

Luckily the car was pulled up waiting for me, but it was still far enough to way to get me soaked. I had no choice to make a run for it. My new paten leather loafers sloshing in the puddles before jumping into the dry cab of the car.

I turned to put my bags in the seat next to me and found a large bouquet of of red roses and a note tucked in the front.

Sorry, I couldn't meet you after work today, baby. Check the bedroom when you get home.
– Jun XO

This morning as he kissed me goodbye while I was still tucked in bed, he said he would try to meet me after I got off. Just to escort me home. But I see the photoshoot was running long.

He was getting more publicity since our interview and fan response had been positive, for both of us. Creating more opportunities for work, but less opportunities to see each other, with the addition of the wedding planning.

I trudged into the building and up to our apartment, kicking off the sodden shoes. At least I had these flowers. A beautiful contrast to the rain. Placing them in a vase then walking into the bedroom there was another bouquet on our bed. Lilies and sunflowers. My favorite. Over a long white box.

Pushing aside the flowers, I pulled the top off and peeled back the tissue paper to find a silky black dress, backless with thin straps that cascaded as I held it up in the light of the room. It wasn't sheer, but the fabric was thin. I couldn't tell if it was lingerie or an actual dress. Another note sat at the bottom.

Put this on for me and I'll see you downstairs in 30 minutes

My stomach started to swirl with anticipation as I made a dash to the bathroom to take a shower the speed of light and fix my hair. Lotioned, perfumed, and ready, I checked the window to see if it had stopped raining. It seemed like it had. The mist combined with the warm ground lifting into a delicate fog over the city.

I walked downstairs, feeling the chill of the building running through my napkin of a dress and found Jun in the lobby. Dressed in a black suit with a black dress shirt underneath. His dark soft hair still a little loose with the product. He looked bad in the best way. Like some mafia boss waiting to abduct me.. The look on his face once he saw me made me think he would.

"God," he sighed, reaching his hand over his heart with a smirk.

"You like?" I smiled.

"I love," said Jun touching the naked small of my back as he dipped his lips into mine. A taste of yearning at the end.

He walked me to the waiting car and got in. It pulled away from the building without instruction.

"Where are we going?" I had to ask.

A delightful grin slipped on his face. "It's a surprise."

It had been a while since Jun did one of these. We had been so wrapped up in planning and our jobs that a proper date night seemed so long ago. A whimsical surprise like this even longer. My nerves and excitement rushing in an ocean of flutters.

I asked for hints and he wouldn't give any. Silencing me with a tempting slide of his hand up my thigh.

The car stopped in what seemed like a residential neighborhood on a small quiet street. A huge grey fifteen story building with darkened windows in front of us. Jun got out first and took my hand to lead me to a massive dark wood door. He pressed a button and a loud clack seemed to unlock it after a beat.