Chapter 35

The lights on a set were brighter than the surface of the sun. Sitting with Jun, in our business casual best, on a velvet couch of the Lisa Kang Show. A popular and new web show by an American born Korean woman, chosen to generously give it some more clout. She was trendy and engaging. A great host, working hard to make her guests were as comfortable on and off the camera as possible.

But as we shot my throat started to go dry. I grabbed the glass of water in front of me multiple times in the duration of the show. Seizing the opportunity whenever she was talking to Jun about his upcoming projects.

The focus then shifted to me. I felt like a ant under a microscope.

"So, Ariana! How has life been here in Seoul for you?" She beamed. I held onto Jun's hand for dear life.

"It's been awesome. Everything and everyone here is so beautiful, and the food is amazing," I gushed, playing a part.

"Oh of course! Do you have any favorite dishes so far?"

"I'm pretty simple. Tteokbokki was one of the first things I had and now I make him get some for me at least twice a week," I chuckled glancing at Jun.

He laughed because it was true. Lisa Kang smiled at our interaction, shuffling her note cards and leaning in. "So, please tell us how you met! Everyone is dying to know."

Jun and I looked at each other to decide who would speak first.

"Well, um. He just showed up at a coffee shop I was working in," I shrugged with a grin.

"Yeah, I was on vacation and I just happened to walk in this really cool coffee shop, that used to be an old bar, and um, she took my order," said Jun looking into my eyes with a slight grin.

"And the rest is history, right?" laughed Lisa. "So, I know there had been rumors swirling around about the nature of your relationship but is there anything you want to clear up now?"

Jun sat up straight with me following his lead. "Sure. Um, what Ariana and I have we honestly didn't expect or see coming, frankly. But we are glad we have it now. There's nothing going on with a pregnancy or anything. We're just happy, genuinely. And we just want to live relatively normal lives together. She's my everything. And I'm thankful."

He looked at me with honest eyes and rubbed my knuckles with his thumb, calming yet making me a little aroused.

"That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing that. Ariana, is there anything you want to say?" prompted Lisa.

"Jun I think summed up everything perfectly. But, um, I also want to say I'm thankful for him making my transition here so easy and one of the best decisions of my life. And I want to acknowledge everyone on our team and Jun's fans that have been respectful and supportive of us. We're thankful, but I personally am overwhelmed with gratitude."

Jun couldn't have looked more proud.

"Beautiful! Well, thank you! We really appreciate you two coming in and sitting down with us to talk, and congratulations again on your upcoming nuptials," Lisa smiled at us genuinely.

We thanked her back adding in the smiles and bows, then the cameras were cut.

"You we're fantastic," Jun whispered, leaning into my ear to give a fast kiss on the side of my head. My face went warm.

"Thanks again guys! That was great! I'm sure everyone is going to love it," grinned Lisa getting up from the chair.

"Thanks for having us. We really appreciate it," said Jun getting up from the couch, with me to follow.