Chapter 4

✨ Celestia ✨

Today is a wonderful day because I'm on my way to visit my very handsome brother Zach McKenzie, a well known married lawyer. I want to go and tell him all about what his father has planned for me and how I despise it.

Angie stopped the car, I quickly got out and ran into the law firm with confidence and anger.

As I entered I walked to the reception area and the receptionist was dressed like she was going to a party which is something my brother would never allow.
I cleared my throat ready to speak when she beat me to it.

"Who are you and what do you want?" She said while focused on her phone.

"Excuse me but," She changed her focus to the computer, "Can you please look at me when I talk to you!?" I snapped.

She quickly looked up and covered her mouth in shock as she saw who I was and I saw instant regret written all over her face and I loved it.
I glared at me and kept avoiding my stares trying to find something to do.

I examined her outfit as she covered her chest area.

"So are you here to work or party if party then I won't mind advising my brother to fire you."
She coughed twice, "I'm so sorry ma'am but I...."

"You?.."

She seemed very hesitant to answer as if it was a secret buried seven feet underground.
She looked at me fiercely and sighed,
"My house was robbed and I didn't have any clothes to wear for work today so I asked my friend to borrow me her clothes and since she's a bit thinner than me her clothes are too small sized for me so that's why I'm dressed like this."

It took me a moment to process what she said and I must admit that I felt sorry for her and she looked very innocent for what I thought of her so I decided to just let it slide.

I smiled at her and took out money from my bag and handed it to her sincerely.
She looked at the money and immediately refused it and I was confused to why she could refuse it when she needed it.

"Thank you so much ma'am but it's not necessary to give me money I have looked for a more safer place and sir gave me the months salary today.

I had forgotten what a kind man my brother was at the same time a very scary and intimating man.

I took off my coat and gave it to her, "At least if you want accept money take this coat and wear it now because some men are perverts and you look vulnerable so just take it for just in case."

She immediately took it and I smiled at her feeling proud of myself for a good deed which I barely do.

"So is Zach busy or.."

"No Mr McKenzie is not busy today he cleared out his schedule for him and his wife to go out in the afternoon."

Wow Zach romantic ain't ya?

*************

I finally arrived at the tenth floor to my brothers office, I knocked and heard a 'come in' in which i didn't mind doing.

I opened the door and the aroma of my brothers arognace filled the room.

"Zach McKenzie!!!" I screamed.
He looked at me and rolled his eyes,