Chapter twenty eight

Start from the beginning

God dammit, I'll fucking demolish him.

My head hurts. And I can't feel my body at all. My ear is ringing but I can hear voices who'm I recognise...

Reji is grunting in anger. Sakura is screaming my name in horror.

I force myself to open my eyes a little, just to take my surroundings in.

"How did you know that I had the intent to kill your little friends there..." Orochimaru spoke in his slightly cracking woman's voice, which turned into a deeper one. His real voice. "I made sure the boy couldn't sense the danger... but how could you from meters away?"

I know where he is standing. I hear his voice, even though my head hurts so bad that I think it might explode.

He is next to me. Not too close but he is there, facing away from me.

"Luck..." I forced myself to cough out and immediatelly took a ragged deep breath. My lungs were practically screaming for air.

I looked at his blurred frame, then at my limp hands and body. My right leg was bleeding probably from a tree's cut as I fell.

Breathe, (Y/n). We need you to breathe.

"We?" I choked out, not really knowing if I spoke or it was just my imagination.

We are all here. Just feel the air around you.

Am I halucinating or is he panicking?

I heard a deep chuckle, probably from Orochimaru.

"We who?" He asked back, and I saw his blurred figure turn his head to me.

"Don't touch her!" I heard Sasuke's voice from afar. It was as if he was miles away from me. "Just who are you! What do you want?"

He chuckled again.

"My name is Orochimaru... But as to what I want for that we three have to meet again, which won't happen until you finish this test with the best score along side with the White Wolf." He spoke "But first you two will have to defead the hidden sound ninja who serves me."

His voice is making me shiver and feel cold. I hate it.

"I have no idea what you're talking about! But if you finish, why don't you just beat it! If we never meet again it will be too soon!"

I couldn't understand half of what Sakura is saying. I looked up a little to see her next to Sasuke, on another tree fallen there.

Meeting. Ninja. Sound. Soon.

"Oh, me and them will meet sooner then you think."

Realization hit me in the gut, making me open my eyes completely.

I know what's coming.

I gathered up all my power to just turn my palm in his direction before he could stretch that neck of his towards Sasuke and coughed out, gasping for air for the first time Reji told me to feel air.

It felt good to breathe.

"Pluvia... Cristallina."

Orochimaru's eyes widened as he turned his head to me instead of going at Sasuke.

A sharp crystal needle scratched his white cheek, making it bleed.

That was his real skin. The darker shade of the woman's skin was still on him, but his real skin tone was starting to get visible.

I felt my hand drop right beside me, losing every interest and power to move.

Heck, now I couldn't even move even of I wanted to!