four, errands

The original hybrid left the bar and for the first time in seven years, he actually felt happy

The original hybrid left the bar and for the first time in seven years, he actually felt happy. But some of the things Estella told him really stuck with him.

Type one diabetes, he didn't know much about that and knew that if Elijah was there, he would know everything. Elijah studied to be a doctor centuries ago.

He lied to her about a lot of things but he didn't want to feel her pity or explain to her his life story. Although most things were true, his younger sister Rebekah has been obsessed with Kingsley's boutique for years. She's also been to a couple of fashion shows. And Hope was very persistent these days. The older she got, the more she missed him and wanted him around.

But Klaus knew he couldn't. And that's why he ignores her calls. He hoped that she would get the hint but she hasn't.

His family has also called him a handful of times but he ignores them as well. He spent over a thousand years never alone and now that's what he is. Alone.

Klaus opened his computer and googled type one diabetes. He wasn't sure if it was because he was worried about Ella or because it could affect her blood for his hybrids.

He read the words on the screen, the disease was rare, and around 200k humans had it. Klaus read over the symptoms and felt himself panic.

A human must die with vampire blood in their system to come back to life as a vampire. But it doesn't always work with sick humans. Because their system is messed up.

Feeling very hungry, losing weight without trying, mood changes, feeling tired and weak randomly, and blurry vision. And those are only some of the symptoms.

Klaus slammed his computer shut and called another one of his witches. "Hello Diana, I need a favor. I'll be at your place in tomorrow."

------

The next day, Klaus had errands to run before meeting Estella for their first date. Tiffany and Co was his first stop. 

"Hello sir, what can I help you with?" A Tiffany associate asks as Klaus is looking down at the showcase.

"I'm looking for something pretty, so she'll never take off." He says not looking up at the worker.

"Anything that caught your eye?" The worker asked, Klaus finally looked at her and shook his head.

"Nothing so far, find me something nice."

"Can I ask who this is for? Girlfriend, wife, fiancé?"

Klaus resisted the urge to tell her, none of your business but he didn't want to come off as rude before getting what he came for.

"Fiancé."

"Do you have a specific price range?" She asks making Klaus roll his eyes. He's been alive for over a thousand years, and that adds money up. The Mikaelson family is pretty much the richest family in the world.